Windows 10 preview coming soon

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I m also using lumia 620 will it be safe to install the windows 10 preview or else I should wait for the official release

Its better you wait for official if you are apprehensive about the builds

Not available for my blu win HD :'(

But got a 530 laying around there... Somewhere.. ��

Maybe MS could give the build to other oem's later

Will updating to Tech Preview void warranty? I feel It should not as Phone (1520) and OS both are owned by Microsoft and this is not illegal.
Asked the same question to Microsoft on Twitter but no answer yet.

If you take it to nokia care without downgrading,the warranty goes.I downgraded to black before taking to care and they did not notice anything

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It depends what warranty you're talking about and which territory you're in.
​But it's unlikely you'd void the warranty. MS just like to put a disclaimer up in case there's any scenario where there's a dispute.

Raj Poladia

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Does it work as a daily driver ?
Im planning on testing it out on my 520

Don't ever try it, running the tech preview build on daily driver is very risky and you have 512MB RAM device as your daily driver then its very very risky.
I have 525 as my daily driver, though this is 1GB RAM device still I'd think twice before installing the tech preview on my phone

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The amount of RAM doesn't affect if it's "risky" or not.
​Best bet is to just read the various warnings MS make then make up your own mind. But it will be a technical preview, so it shouldn't be assumed to be bug-free.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The next WP 10 will be more mature and stable than the first one... Before I install in my 1520 I will check first the known issues and see if it worth my time.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Its safe to first run it on 1gb devices

Yes, thanks... since these three phones are at least 1-GB devices. The L1020, some tech sheets indicate, is effectively a 1GB device although it's listed to be a 2GB device - the extra 1GB is said to be used "solely" for the extra load from the camera.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I m also using lumia 620 will it be safe to install the windows 10 preview or else I should wait for the official release

"Safety" is difficult to determine... but it is known that the Windows 10 Technical Preview is less stable than the "Preview for developers" releases in the past. The disclaimer (which can be read before one enters the technical preview program) in fact recommends not to install this on your main phone - implying the risk of experiencing unwanted loss in data and time in case something goes wrong with the preview.

If you don't have a secondary phone, it would be better to wait for the official release.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Does it work as a daily driver ?
Im planning on testing it out on my 520

As of this moment, it may be hard to tell. I'm guessing it won't. It's still best to try it out if you've got an extra phone. But who knows? Once released to all the other phones it could be a more stable technical preview - the chances that it will be are just slim at this moment.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I may be missing the obvious but what is the difference between Lumia 535 and Microsoft Lumia 535 duel sim, by this I mean simply, I have the Lumia 535, which is a Microsoft Lumia 535, will this run the upgrade? They seem to be defining between old Lumia nokias and the new Microsoft, mines is Microsoft but seems to be listed with the old ones.....unless there is an older Nokia Lumia 535 that the list refers too?

I'm not sure what the difference is... but I'm guessing that the "Lumia 535" is the single-SIM variant while the "Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM" is, obviously, the dual-SIM variant. Both of these phones, as seen in this page (L535) and this page (ML535DS) have the "Microsoft" branding. The weight and standby time also differ. Aside from these, everything else looks the same.

So, there seems to be no such thing as a "Nokia" Lumia 535; and, given this, yes, your L535 should be eligible for the preview and upgrade.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what the difference is... but I'm guessing that the "Lumia 535" is the single-SIM variant while the "Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM" is, obviously, the dual-SIM variant. Both of these phones, as seen in this page (L535) and this page (ML535DS) have the "Microsoft" branding. The weight and standby time also differ. Aside from these, everything else looks the same.

So, there seems to be no such thing as a "Nokia" Lumia 535; and, given this, yes, your L535 should be eligible for the preview and upgrade.
Meant for this btw

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the Lumias 535 identifies itself as a "NOKIA Microsoft Lumias 535"

That's interesting. Do you have a screenshot for this? My L535 says "Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM", not "Nokia Microsoft Lumias 535". It would be interesting to see both "Nokia" and "Microsoft" together in one name.

And... what happened to the poll? :cool:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't ever try it, running the tech preview build on daily driver is very risky and you have 512MB RAM device as your daily driver then its very very risky.
I have 525 as my daily driver, though this is 1GB RAM device still I'd think twice before installing the tech preview on my phone

I call BS on this. My 635 is my daily driver and it's had win 10 on it for a while. Not perfect, but no worse than my 920 with "official" software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte