Dell venu pro 8- win 8.1 to 10041 version - HELP

windowsfreedom

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My dell venue pro 8 had win 8.1. I have downloaded ISO file (10041) from windows insider to USB device.

1. Connected to dell venue pro 8 using OTG
2. Opened the set.exe from ISO file and followed the instructions.

Now, start menu blinks/flashes....Cannt even own windows explorer/settings...but can open browsers. How to fix this. Verified the drives going to dell site...all are up to date.

Can I go back to winows 8.1 at least ?

Thank

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
10041 takes yet another victim. I'm not installing another this preview on any other device I own until it drops. It made my Toshiba I3 take a knee and I don't see a resolution for this yet. Its making widows of a lot PC owners and this is very unusual for any build of beta/preview I've ever installed from MS. You my friend, for the time being at least, are probably riding out the season on the bench.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but if you do not inform yourself, ignore the many warnings and cautionary tales followed by knowingly overwriting your device install with what is (again) explicitly released as a technical preview with possible issues mentioned, you're not a victim.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Your best option is to somehow to get windows update (in setting) and update to 10049 (fast ring). I had issues with 10041 and start menu which 10049 fixed.

Edit: I am not sure if you can do update using windows update or do you have to wait for ISO for dell vue 8? If so, another option is to wait for the ISO. It should be coming soon.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You guys need to understand that this is a preview version... Means is not even a beta version yet. It's absolutely normal to have all kinds of issues with a preview.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but if you do not inform yourself, ignore the many warnings and cautionary tales followed by knowingly overwriting your device install with what is (again) explicitly released as a technical preview with possible issues mentioned, you're not a victim.
You're not breaking any new ground with the finger pointing dude. Every Windows beta has the same disclaimer and no, no one is a victim, we all took the risk. Yes we know that. Don't get it twisted paulheu, my point is simply stating the obvious and NO ONE, especially me is having a pity party about what we all agreed to do. Its not what real techs do. When we talk about the problem, we get to the answers. This is why we share these stories.
This will be resolved. Trust me when I tell you. If you want to condemn WTP, do it on the Verge with the rest of the fluffers but please, don't do it here. This is Windows Central.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This will be resolved. Trust me when I tell you. If you want to condemn WTP, do it on the Verge with the rest of the fluffers but please, don't do it here. This is Windows Central.

No clue what you are on about. You qialified him as a victim of 10041, I stated that he is not as he took a risk/chance and got the short end of the stick due to it. If you gamble and lose you're not a victim, you just lose. (and no, I am not saying that using WTP = gambling, you know what I am saying here).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No clue what you are on about. You qialified him as a victim of 10041, I stated that he is not as he took a risk/chance and got the short end of the stick due to it. If you gamble and lose you're not a victim, you just lose. (and no, I am not saying that using WTP = gambling, you know what I am saying here).
Very true statement.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If the Dell has UEFI and you did not wipe the partition table when you updated you should be able to roll back when you go to settings > update& recovery and check the recovery options.

If you reformatted storage you only can install 8.1 fresh.
The roll back doesn't work due to a higher OS version or something. The hard way I had to do it was by first installing 8.1 enterprise and then restore from the backup copy, there is a download link in the forums if needed (or reach out to forum number xandros9)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss