What flagship models do you think will release with W10?

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
but whether it has 41 megapixels, 20 megapixels, or even 8-10-14 megapixels, pretty much all the high end Lumias have either thickness or camera bump due to its camera power..whether you have a 1020 or a 1520 or 830 or 930, you still get either a camera bump or thickness from the camera..so them making a separate phone to have the best camera still wont stop the main 2 phones from having camera bumps or thickness from that camera power..so I feel it's very unnecessary to have a separate phone for utmost camera power when you can just put it in the main flagship, and the main flagships larger sized phone.. besides the camera bump has easily become more than just a result of the camera having extreme internals stuffed in it.. It's become a super cool and notable Lumia design element!!:confused: that you get regardless of your cameras power, so no need to make a separate phone just to save non camera centric users from a tiny trim of camera size, when they ARE gonna get some form of camera bump either way

For the record, I have a 925 & 930... The 925 has a bump and larger lens but much lower MP for its camera... The 930 has a 20MP camera, smaller lens and no bump.

The 925 is thinner than the 930, but the 930 being thicker has little to do with the camera, and more to do with the wireless charging feature. The 925 can get an accessory which can give it wireless charging too, which then adds to its thickness.

The additional microphones on the 930 for the surround sound recording might also play a bit of a role.... But the camera in the 930 is not the primary factor for its thickness.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that HTC will release the M9 version for Windows. Should be straightforward enough, and the 810 chipset is rumored to be supported.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Next Build is in 3 weeks.
I think they will show a new flagship phones.
most would be Lumia 940 and Lumia 940 XL.
yes, there will be no more 15xx as i think.
although, I would LOVE to see 1020 successor.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
NOT looking forward to the M9 with Windows. The S810 is a crappy chipset (check out the HTC M9 review on AnandTech), and it has serious throttling and performance issues. I don't know if MS will make some magic with it and make it run better but if they use it like the Android OEMs are, it will have some heating issues (and WP devices do tend to get pretty hot, like the 930 and even 925).

AM looking forward to a refresh of all the upper models; the 930, 1020 and 1520. I hope they don't skimp on the hardware and throw everything and kitchen sink in there. Also hoping for a PROPER upgrade to the Lumia 820; i.e. the same hardware as the 930 successor with a lower-res screen and lower price tag. The 830 is too much compromise for the price: no AMOLED, no high-end chipset, a very small camera sensor, etc.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone that thinks there is going to be more than 1 Flagship release is living in a dream world. We have yet to see evidence that MS can release ANY type of flagship...let alone multiple flagships at the same time.

I'm agreeing with you on. MS releasing a flagship or flagship phone and I seriously doubt they will release any phones with features like the 920/1020/1520 this year or ever. They are interested in numbers not high end features.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If they would release a flagship like the 920 was but with Glance-Screen, 64-128GB and Card-Slot, i would be so happy.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 and I like it okay but I always thought the balance was off because of the camera sensor - and as a result it doesn't feel very comfortable - it always felt top heavy to me. And essentially it's just a 920 with a better camera and 2GB of ram. Meh....

Give me a 920 successor and I'm in.

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
but whether it has 41 megapixels, 20 megapixels, or even 8-10-14 megapixels, pretty much all the high end Lumias have either thickness or camera bump due to its camera power..whether you have a 1020 or a 1520 or 830 or 930, you still get either a camera bump or thickness from the camera..so them making a separate phone to have the best camera still wont stop the main 2 phones from having camera bumps or thickness from that camera power..so I feel it's very unnecessary to have a separate phone for utmost camera power when you can just put it in the main flagship, and the main flagships larger sized phone.. besides the camera bump has easily become more than just a result of the camera having extreme internals stuffed in it.. It's become a super cool and notable Lumia design element!!:confused: that you get regardless of your cameras power, so no need to make a separate phone just to save non camera centric users from a tiny trim of camera size, when they ARE gonna get some form of camera bump either way

I own a Lumia 1020, my father has a Lumia 1520, my brother and mother 930.
I can assure you that Lumia 1020 isn't just big numbers in megapixels and camera bump.
It's TOTALLY different.
Like having a Fiat and a Ferrari.
Ok, with the Fiat (with a good number of exceptions xD) you feel it good to drive, okay.
With the Ferrari just by sitting inside a voice says "hear me roar!".
Thats different. But maybe you wouldn't go to the greengrocer's with a Ferrari, while a passionate of sports car will constantly use it.

swedishdude

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Really hope they have microsd card slots, whatever else they do. All Wp phones released under the Microsoft brand, have these. So far so good...

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 went for a swim and died so i am on my Galaxy Note 4. However, if they finally release another 6" flagship with the things i was missing on the 1520 i am shifting again because, missing things aside i just don't like Android, even if the Galaxy Note has things done quick thanks to the good ecosystem supporting it.
Substantially, i am hoping for a 1530, with 6" screen and the same gorgeous design my 1520 had. I don't expect it to be waterproof but it would be nice. My 1520 had a rough life. Being waterproof would have saved me the pain of seeing its display dying lol.

Xaxxus

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is so late to the game with a flagship. I have the m8, which a lot of people label as a WP flagship, even though its a repurposed Android phone that lacks a lot of the Lumia character.

I got my m8 last August since I didn't see a flagship Lumia on the horizon, and today, many seasons later, I still am hard pressed to find a Windows phone to be excited about.

That said, Im not a nay-sayer and really want WP to succeed. I'd love to see a high end flagship, but it needs to be clearly distinguished from rest of the Lumia line up.

Maybe Microsoft could give it a name like Zune...that ancient artifact who's name hasn't been spoken aloud in millennia. And while im fantasizing, I'd like a full qwerty again. The blackberry classic has my eye with that. I realize the qwerty thing is not necessary but, this is what a flagship should have in my opinion: a WP with fingerprint scanner, 20+ mp Zeiss camera, QI charging, SD slot, and a real USB slot would be awesome. I don't know why, but In the business world I live in, there are no phones that you can stick a thumb drive in. It would be a killer feature and make life so much easier than wireless and micro SD trash.

In know, TLDR, everything moves on

If I understand correctly, Windows phone 10 has USB support. Just need to get a female usb 2.0 to male micro usb adapter.

A full sized USB slot will take up too much space on a phone.

nubbikins

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I think the one by Nadir Aslam is the "Surface Phone" that should definitely happen! Bing it and you'll see why (I can't post links). The mockups are gorgeous and the supposed specs and abilities would blow the competition out of the water (at least in my mind).

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think they will release 2 flagships going forward. 930 & 1520 successor. In terms of naming conventions, I think they will probably change it up to something simpler ie Lumia Lite for affordable mid range, Lumia for flagship & Lumia Plus for the bigger display. Would make more sense from a consumer point of view I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro