So what happened on the big day?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Kinda sad. Apple can push out updates to MILLIONS with fewer issues. Yet MS cant get an update to work with thousands/tens of thousands im guessing.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Kinda sad. Apple can push out updates to MILLIONS with fewer issues. Yet MS cant get an update to work with thousands/tens of thousands im guessing.
You realize apple is pushing a complete and tested build out. MS is pushing a technical preview that they haven't fully tested on devices. There are bound to be issues.

gzinkl

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like we have to wait a couple more hours for those of us getting errors:

[FONT=WOL_Reg]UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring through the Windows Insider app. The team has been working to correct it but the load on the provisioning data servers has made all operations extremely slow. To fix the issue, we are taking the service offline and updating the provisioning record data for all 5100 phone POPs. It will take approximately 2 hours for us to make the update, and validate that everything is working. This is a different service from Windows Update, so Insiders who are currently on 9941 should be able to update their phones if they are already in the Fast ring. If they are in the Slow ring they will encounter the same issue with provisioning data. We apologize for the delay on this and are working to ensure it never happens again.[/FONT]

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You realize apple is pushing a complete and tested build out. MS is pushing a technical preview that they haven't fully tested on devices. There are bound to be issues.

How they push the update and the actual update are two different things. We all expect that TP OS to not be perfect. But the process in which they push this update out through their servers is downright painfully slow and inadequate. We're not talking millions of users at once here. Mine is finally at Configuring Device but MS has been doing this sort of thing long enough to know they need to improve this process.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

The same happens with iOS. Slowness. I know because I tried. And failed.

Quick Heads-up: The update might be 450 Mb for some, but 735.9 Mb for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb