So what happened on the big day?

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
new from Microsoft:
"UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring through the Windows Insider app. The team has been working to correct it but the load on the provisioning data servers has made all operations extremely slow. To fix the issue, we are taking the service offline and updating the provisioning record data for all 5100 phone POPs. It will take approximately 2 hours for us to make the update, and validate that everything is working. This is a different service from Windows Update, so Insiders who are currently on 9941 should be able to update their phones if they are already in the Fast ring. If they are in the Slow ring they will encounter the same issue with provisioning data. We apologize for the delay on this and are working to ensure it never happens again."

--New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like we have to wait a couple more hours for those of us getting errors:

[FONT=WOL_Reg]UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring through the Windows Insider app. The team has been working to correct it but the load on the provisioning data servers has made all operations extremely slow. To fix the issue, we are taking the service offline and updating the provisioning record data for all 5100 phone POPs. It will take approximately 2 hours for us to make the update, and validate that everything is working. This is a different service from Windows Update, so Insiders who are currently on 9941 should be able to update their phones if they are already in the Fast ring. If they are in the Slow ring they will encounter the same issue with provisioning data. We apologize for the delay on this and are working to ensure it never happens again.[/FONT]

You can wait or keep trying. I just got mine working after repeatingly trying. Starting to download right now.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok I'm restarting after charging to 41%...gears! Had to clear space too deleted all my offline maps in storage space to give it room to do its thing.

101nemesis

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
No thanks. Ill pass. And I have every right to complain, youll get over it.

You complaining makes sense if MS are pushing out an official completed update or even Developers Preview. This is a Technical Preview. I don't know why people get so upset over this. It has been stated time and again that if you want proper update processes, don't go for Technical Previews. They don't really owe us a Technical preview in the first place.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Here are some known issues
This is preproduction software going out to the Fast ring – so you should expect to see some bugs. The list below are some of the ones that we thought you should know about up front, and it’s worth reading carefully. We’re working to fix all of these in future builds.

There might be situations in which auto-upload of your Camera Roll to OneDrive may not be working. Please be sure to back up your photos especially if you need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1.
The Office Hub has been removed from this build. You won’t be able to open Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote files in this build. Preview versions of the universal Office apps will be available in the coming weeks.
All Bluetooth-based interactions with Cortana are not working in this build because we’re reworking how Cortana interacts with Bluetooth. This includes dictating and reading text messages, initiating searches and chit-chat, and all system-level control (such as playing music, launching applications, or navigating settings.
After upgrade, some apps that have been installed onto a SD memory card will fail to launch. To fix this, uninstall and reinstall the apps.
About 1% of the time, incoming phone calls may not play a ringing sound.
Call + SMS filtering will not work after upgrade.
For people upgrading their phone from Build 9941, there is a bug in which your phone’s MMS settings will be lost after upgrade. The new Messaging app doesn’t yet have the ability to re-enter these settings. You will need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 and then upgrade to this build to get MMS working again.
Also for people upgrading their phone from Build 9941, the tiles on your Start screen for the Camera and Photos apps may be missing or corrupt. You will have to unpin any corrupt tiles and re-pin the apps to your Start screen.
On some phones, due to a scaling bug the dismiss button won’t be visible when an alarm is triggered. To stop your phone from “alarming “just touch the arrow and swipe up on the notification and off the screen to end the alarm.
On phones with 512MB of memory, apps can randomly crash due to an issue with memory management.
Flight mode cannot be enabled.
Data connections can’t be disabled.
You may need to re-pin the Phone app after upgrade.
The Insider Hub is now included on Phone but may fail to launch on some phones.
I’m very excited to get this build out to all of the eager Windows Insiders who have been waiting since our first preview build to try Windows 10 on their devices. We are still very much in the thick of development and this build still has some rough edges, but there is also a lot to be excited about here as well.

I hope that you’ll try it out and send us feedback via the Feedback app with your problem reports and suggestions.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't bad... But.. because Maps wouldn't launch, Here maps and Here drive won't launch I'ma go back to 8.1.. I can deal with most other things... occasional crashes etc.. but I need navigation so... Oh well.. I liked the new dialer and message app... Outlook for mail works but still needs a spam filter. :(

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't bad... But.. because Maps wouldn't launch, Here maps and Here drive won't launch I'ma go back to 8.1.. I can deal with most other things... occasional crashes etc.. but I need navigation so... Oh well.. I liked the new dialer and message app... Outlook for mail works but still needs a spam filter. :(

thanks.... interesting that Here apps dont load because Maps wont load.... I thought they were independent of each other...

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
thanks.... interesting that Here apps dont load because Maps wont load.... I thought they were independent of each other...

I don't know.. neither would load.. the here maps, the new Maps, and Here Drive... nothing worked... Spartan was nice... many cool features I know will be very nice once it's released... I'll wait for the next build and try again.

Dellboy2012

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
WInsider app to update server: Excuse me, can I ask something?

Update servers: Beat it kid, can't you see we're working on something important!

WInsider app: OK, guys, sorry!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know.. neither would load.. the here maps, the new Maps, and Here Drive... nothing worked... Spartan was nice... many cool features I know will be very nice once it's released... I'll wait for the next build and try again.

Hmmm... maybe device specific or how you updated perhaps?
I see Mark Guim has some screenshots up on the main site and he does show Maps....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786