So what happened on the big day?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well.. what can I say.. I can forgive them server crashes, I can forgive them no office usage but seriously MS, you cant turn off Data connection? How can a bug like this even slip into build? I just cant think of anything. Seriously. Hope they release hotfix.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well.. what can I say.. I can forgive them server crashes, I can forgive them no office usage but seriously MS, you cant turn off Data connection? How can a bug like this even slip into build? I just cant think of anything. Seriously. Hope they release hotfix.
Sometimes iI feel, WTF is going on

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... maybe device specific or how you updated perhaps?
I see Mark Guim has some screenshots up on the main site and he does show Maps....

Odd... yeah.. they didn't work for me.. I even tried uninstalling the Here Maps and drive just in case.. nope.. then re-installed.. nope.. Oh well, if others get it working I'll try again because I really liked it overall.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

True that! Yeah, they can cover it by saying its TP and bound to be buggy, but if you already know a bug, try to fix it first before releasing it. Data Connection bug is something they should have addressed before releasing this build.

Abdelrahman Adly

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
i guess sometimes they do this on purpose in order not to make every one use the build, they only want the real people who cna give feedback to them not the people who just want to run the latest software .

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So far, I like this build over the previous quite a bit. Haven't tested maps too much, other than to open the app and page around a little. Most of the other includes as noted on the home page here are nice.

I appreciate the post just above, noting how Office won't work - that is a killer for my daily driver, but then again, this isn't supposed to be for daily drivers.

This is a nice step forward, IMHO.

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
If I try to dial a number from the phone keypad, the app closes as soon as I press the second digit. Lumia 635. Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
If I press the third digit instantly after the second, it doesn't close, and I can proceed with the rest. If I backspace and get it down to only two digits and then pause at all, it closes. Tech preview or not, this is ridiculous. It's a phone. You should be able to dial phone numbers on a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, given the bugs/limitation list I will be passing on it. Almost everything I would want to test is already known to either not work yet; have compromised functionality, or is simply not available. Clearly more of an alpha than a beta and people who are not familiar with the rough ride that can go along with the process really would be advised to curb their enthusiasm a bit. My goal was testing but, given the list, it is pre-tested for some things (they don't work properly, if at all) and un-testable for most of the rest.

SDKevin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Disconnecting from WiFi and letting my phone talk to the MS server over LTE seemed to do the trick. I think my Lumia 1020 is on its way to Windows 10.....maybe!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually got update 2 on my L1520. I know I'm supposed to check for updates again, and then get on W10, but this is just too fun.
Why did this happen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro