So what happened on the big day?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont mean to complain, as I have the TP and just may stay with it, but I am a little surprised about where they are at this point. OS has a ton of bugs, and is not very smooth. I can't believe that the phone division continues to be way way behind the desktop division.

It just doesnt seem like they've been working on this for over a year. Im sure they have been but its odd that here we are, April, and its still feels like it has a long long way to go. I didnt have the first TP from two months ago, but I wonder how much improvement they've made since then.

As of now, I will stay with the TP, but I really hope that MS uses this Fast Ring update to push out frequent updates. I mean, that's what its there for right? And they want us to find bugs right? Well, in the first day, I think we've already given them a ton of feedback on bugs. So they know what to fix. I hope they can manage to fix some things and make its run smoother, while pushing out updates every couple weeks. It makes sense to me, but I guess we have to see their take on it.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I dont mean to complain, as I have the TP and just may stay with it, but I am a little surprised about where they are at this point. OS has a ton of bugs, and is not very smooth. I can't believe that the phone division continues to be way way behind the desktop division.

It just doesnt seem like they've been working on this for over a year. Im sure they have been but its odd that here we are, April, and its still feels like it has a long long way to go. I didnt have the first TP from two months ago, but I wonder how much improvement they've made since then.

As of now, I will stay with the TP, but I really hope that MS uses this Fast Ring update to push out frequent updates. I mean, that's what its there for right? And they want us to find bugs right? Well, in the first day, I think we've already given them a ton of feedback on bugs. So they know what to fix. I hope they can manage to fix some things and make its run smoother, while pushing out updates every couple weeks. It makes sense to me, but I guess we have to see their take on it.

There are many changes from previous TP being on a 635 I have had both. This build is a step closer the UI is different and how it handles messaging is better. Things actually work that did not like BING lock screen. Cortana is way better. The new Outloook calendar and e-mail plus Project Spartan. Its a solid TP.

Many of you just need to chill an understand this is a prerelease program. Its NOT finished by any means and in my case required multiple hard resets to get this build stable. If you go with that mindset you will see this a cup half full if you do not you will complain needlessly. Windows 10 mobile will be awesome upon release if you have an issue tell Microsoft. This program is not for those who want totally polished. They had to provision thousands of images there are bound to be A. Flaws and B. User errors

This is not a "mobile' OS they have been working on over a year tweaking its actually Windows 10 that is a major shift towards one OS...it takes time...and is a huge undertaking. Who would have though there are so many WP users in the first place according to the press.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I finally got it downloaded and installed on my 822. So far I'd have to say it's not ready for prime time. I know its a preview and I knew what I was getting into so I'm not going to moan. It's slow and a lot of system apps don't open. I'm trying a hard reset to see if that fixes anything.

I would never recommend that anyone use it on their daily driver. I'm fine goofing around with it on a spare phone but I won't be installing on my 830 just yet.

EDIT: A hard reset improved things markedly, but it's still slow and buggy. Oh well. Hopefully successive builds improve things.

Last edited:

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

I've tried the first build it looks like that the first build was more stable than the current one. Feels like they only code this thing yesterday. I accept the risk of being an Insider and this is a technical preview and I've red the known issues before installing. But like what the hell. Cellular data cant be turned off and also a malfunctioning airplane mode which are the essentials of a phone. We gave them 2 months and the list of known issues is longer than the changelog.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset is always way to go..any minor snafu..straight to hard reset! Most of this is user error and cheap SD cards

To be honest, it's not user error on my part... I didn't hard reset and I updated twice and the second time it just worked. I probably got it too early.. I mean I was one of the first to say it's downloading when they said the server was down from too many people clicking it, so I probably got a fubar install from MS... A few hours later I installed it again but that time it worked great. Cheap SD cards can also corrupt apps that's true... I use a 64GB Sandisc. Not a cheapo so probably why it worked fine the second time. =)

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
plz help how many internet data needed to first update? First update show you need to connect to wifi to download the update mean above 100mb internet data needed so how many internet data needed in first and how many internet data needed to second windows 10 update to get windows 10 in my Lumia 620?
please help...

Last edited:

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Sadly i tried to go back to wp 8.1 an ended bricking my phone.

Please bro. Help you already update your phone.
plz help how many internet data needed to first update? First update show you need to connect to wifi to download the update mean above 100mb internet data needed so how many internet data needed in first and how many internet data needed to second windows 10 update to get windows 10 in my Lumia 620?
please help...

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Please bro. Help you already update your phone.
please help...

Approximately u need around 600MB :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel