Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbiz2

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Its no different in windows ... "In-place" vs "wipe and load" not sure why anyone thinks W10 on a 5" screen should be different. Only difference is it seems you have to upgrade the phone to wipe and load...no biggie.

I disagree. There are solutions, but it is the design of the rollout that bothers me. If there is a better, more clear method that works for more users let's use that. Don't force people to figure out how to do a hard reset, since a lot of upgrades won't work. It's bad form.

mudgeeraba

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
just passing on some hints-downloaded the windows phone 10 preview and it locked up my 1020 Microsoft suggested windows phone recovery tool which didn't work however the nokia now lumia recovery tool worked fine. Make sure you backup first befopre upgrading, cause on my 1020 I could not sign in and there was no touch available weird but now I'm back to what I had before. good luck.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I disagree. There are solutions, but it is the design of the rollout that bothers me. If there is a better, more clear method that works for more users let's use that. Don't force people to figure out how to do a hard reset, since a lot of upgrades won't work. It's bad form.
It's not a rollout, it's an opt-in.
Hence, issues with installation are to be expected.
I'm used to wipe & load approach though. It's always worked better for any version of Windows on any platform.

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I can not download the necessary language packs for speech. Setting up the phone in english. Cortana is there but no speech data. Try to download it over the settings. Only in query. Try the insider reactivaton "trick", hard reset etc. Wifi and/or mobile data. Also try other language. Nothing helps. Any advice?

dsvictor

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I can not download the necessary language packs for speech. Setting up the phone in english. Cortana is there but no speech data. Try to download it over the settings. Only in query. Try the insider reactivaton "trick", hard reset etc. Wifi and/or mobile data. Also try other language. Nothing helps. Any advice?

Same here

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to set up a pop3 account in the latest build of Windows phone 10 Thank You

1) Open outlook
2) Select the hamburger icon
3) Select settings
4) Select accounts
5) Select Add new account (+ icon)
6) Select Pop3/imap
7) Enter account details and select next
Phone will configure your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics