4) After restart, go to Settings > Time&Language > Keyboard
5) Change keyboard to "English - United States"
6) Restart the phone
Cortana should work after that.

There is no speech language so Cortana cannot speak

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe hard reset and set up from scratch as EN-US?
But be cautious with what effect changing region etc may have on other services.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
got 80073cf6 while update certain apps on 10.0.12534.56. it seems only appx packages (universal apps) have this issue.

the temporary work around is manually uninstall the app and re-install.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
How to turn off the dialpad key press sound? I have turned off keypress sound in "Sounds" setting. But still when I dial numbers in dialpad, I hear sound.. Help?

wp_ss_20150418_0002.png

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For all those ' ... this doesn't work, that doesn't work ... '

IF you read about Win10 technical Preview, you'd know that's expected. MS didn't want you to test it on your everyday, go to phone, which needs all the features. As a software Dev, in the iterative approach, you put builds out, knowing things won't work, that need to be hooked in later.

I'm conducting a demo on Tuesday & the caveat from my programmer was ' ... don't press this, it doesn't work yet ... '
Certain features are being backhanded until fully functional. In my case, we are demoing for the business unit to ensure that the overall feel of the app is what was requested. YES, we have specs on paper, sometimes open to interpretation, but do NOT want to get too far, before hearing ' ... well, that's NOT exactly what we wanted ... '
because that never happens!

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
For all those ' ... this doesn't work, that doesn't work ... '

IF you read about Win10 technical Preview, you'd know that's expected. MS didn't want you to test it on your everyday, go to phone, which needs all the features. As a software Dev, in the iterative approach, you put builds out, knowing things won't work, that need to be hooked in later.

I'm conducting a demo on Tuesday & the caveat from my programmer was ' ... don't press this, it doesn't work yet ... '
Certain features are being backhanded until fully functional. In my case, we are demoing for the business unit to ensure that the overall feel of the app is what was requested. YES, we have specs on paper, sometimes open to interpretation, but do NOT want to get too far, before hearing ' ... well, that's NOT exactly what we wanted ... '
because that never happens!

Purpose of technical preview is to identify what works what doesn't work. So that final version can be bug free, full featured. I do not think we should not say "this doesn't work...that need change.....".. We installed win10 not just to install and wait for the next build but to identity bugs and help MS to resolve it.

Kitavi Ken

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 is working fine on windows 10.... You people scared me with your exaggerated reviews. This is my primary phone and there is nothing important that I CAN'T do with it, so these don't install in your main phone is BS

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Fine for me using html5test.com

I'm on 8.1 update 1 and I'm shocked at my score. Didn't realise it was that bad lol
b50b04f1e4fed702781aa4b76e0d7107.png

Abhinav Dhiman

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Fine for me using html5test.com

HTML5Test gives me a 366 score, but the text says "You are using an unknown browser that imitates Internet Explorer 7.0 Nokia Lumia 820 running Windows Phone 7.0".
Also the user agent string says "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; NOKIA, Lumia 820"

After updating to Windows 10 the user agent string was Mozilla/5.0 for a day and then it turned to 4.0

HTML 5 does work but because of the user agent string websites do not adapt to HTML5 but instead use the classic HTML. Am I the only one having this problem, is there by any means a solution for this?

P.S. A hard reset does not fix this error, but gives me control of the data connection and flight mode. Also when i updated from GDR2, Project Spartan, Outlook Mail and Calender were missing, but hard reset fixed it.

Last edited:

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It's funny when people complaining about bugs on a tech preview.Keep it up humanity... :D

hmm, humanity... Are you sure you are using the right word here? anyways, Let's just keep shut and make Microsoft think that the build is 100% bug free and release the software right now. Does this satisfy the "humanity"?

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Purpose of technical preview is to identify what works what doesn't work. So that final version can be bug free, full featured. I do not think we should not say "this doesn't work...that need change.....".. We installed win10 not just to install and wait for the next build but to identity bugs and help MS to resolve it.

... unless what doesn't work is clearly stated, before you take the update. There are caveats issued before you d/l the Technical Preview, to expect certain functionality (listed) NOT to work ...

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 is working fine on windows 10.... You people scared me with your exaggerated reviews. This is my primary phone and there is nothing important that I CAN'T do with it, so these don't install in your main phone is BS
No, it's not. I have had major problems getting it to run decently on my 822. System apps don't open or crash. The phone is slow as hell and the battery life has degraded. I know its a tech preview and I'm running it on a secondary phone so I'm not complaining, just stating fact. I knew I was taking a chance and I'm ok with that.

If I had installed it on my 830 and it ran like this I would not be happy.

I've hard reset, reflashed back to 8.1 and reinstalled, so it wasn't due to lack of effort on my part.

The bottom line that it's great it's working fine for you, but it isn't working fine for everyone so the advice to not install on a daily driver still stands.

Bell040

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my 1520 and it is pretty much bricked... ugh.

- I can get to the start screen, put in my password, click on an app... but then I am stuck in the app... restart
- background apps screen goes all green if you close all the apps, and then I am stuck... restart.
- Capacitive buttons don't work correctly... restart
- Phone goes black during a call, cant hang up or see anything... restart
- I flip down the notifications screen and it wont flip back up or respond to and touch... restart

I am installing the recovery tool now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb