Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset? I did and I use my 1520 as my daily driver for two weeks already, I take several calls for works.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I am using Win10TP on my Lumia 1520 and it is not perfect, but totally functional. This is my daily driver.

I am not sure I like Outlook Mail as configured. I would still prefer separate tiles for each email account.

I get the occasional hangs and "failure to launch" apps. A soft reset usually fixes those.

Notifications are so inconsistent that it is amusing now. I am in the habit of checking texts, emails, etc to see if anything new is available.

I would prefer if Cortana defaulted to searching the web and not my own stuff. But love having that ability. Simple default setting.

Keyboard on 1520 really needs to use the real estate available. But more keyboards will come. That is easy

Battery absolutely drains faster. I assume we are sending lots of info to MS in the background.

Bell040

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I did not do a hard reset on my 1520 that was running WP8.1 before upgrading to WP10TP... maybe I will try that later. I should take a video of what it was doing... totally unusable device with WP10TP.

WP8.1 is running seamless now. If I try WP10TP again, and it acts screwy... I will get some video.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I did not do a hard reset on my 1520 that was running WP8.1 before upgrading to WP10TP... maybe I will try that later. I should take a video of what it was doing... totally unusable device with WP10TP.

WP8.1 is running seamless now. If I try WP10TP again, and it acts screwy... I will get some video.

I had the same after upgrading my Lumia 1520 Denim with DP 8.1.1 to Windows Phone 10 (even mobile data did not work), but it was useable after hard reset - it is in my daily use now (well, it is still Preview - resuming and loading often takes time, too long, and photos app crash easily) ...

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same after upgrading my Lumia 1520 Denim with DP 8.1.1 to Windows Phone 10 (even mobile data did not work), but it was useable after hard reset - it is in my daily use now (well, it is still Preview - resuming and loading often takes time, too long, and photos app crash easily) ...
I would agree. I had to hard reset my 822 after the last install of 10 but it worked much better after the reset.

Vivida

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I enabled two-step-verification back then and now I need to change my main Microsoft Account password on the phone (Hotmail.com) to the "app password" (because right now it always says "Action Required" and my contacts are not being synced). But I cannot find any way to do that. Am I overlooking something or is hard-reset the only way?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Try using the normal Outlook.com password.
It seemed to accept that (despite my 2FA toggling whilst upgrading).
If not, then yes, you could be on the road to Hard Reset, passing along Losing an Hour Avenue.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
RM 943 Lumia 625H

Phone still can't send SMS I check the message center number with my operator
UPDATE
--
Can't receive any SMS
--
Data Connection flipped on now but can't be turned off. but it seems not turned on because I can't no longer connect to the internet via cellular network.

can't enable roaming state. setting stucked.

any idea workaround? if not I'm reverting it back. I save my CYAN Recovery ROM on my drive so it easy to flash back

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
RM 943 Lumia 625H

UPDATE
--
Can't receive any SMS
--
Data Connection flipped on now but can't be turned off. but it seems not turned on because I can't no longer connect to the internet via cellular network.

any idea workaround? if not I'm reverting it back. I save my CYAN Recovery ROM on my drive so it easy to flash back

Revert back to WP 8.1

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
RM 943 Lumia 625H

UPDATE
--
Can't receive any SMS
--

Did you already try hard reset ? - it worked for me (I got data connection after hard reset)

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My band won't connects to windows 10... It's paired but it connects for half a sec and then disconnects... Is there a solution for this?

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
if u r running build 10051
band isn't compatible with this build
try update to 10052

I don't know where to look for the build number, (its not in the about menu as far as I can see). But phone update says my phones up to date. So hopefully they will fix it in future builds or ill just revert back to 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb