Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir_bamaram

May 22, 2015
Visit site
please help me
I have a lumia 630 and i updated to windows 10 but after updating my screen is black and dosnt work any thing
I can only answer or ignore coming call
I did 3 hard rest but my screen is black too
for information My mobile have screen lock code that working and open screen but screen is black
PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP

debrgos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
please help me
I have a lumia 630 and i updated to windows 10 but after updating my screen is black and dosnt work any thing
I can only answer or ignore coming call
I did 3 hard rest but my screen is black too
for information My mobile have screen lock code that working and open screen but screen is black
PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP

Hard reset properly by using volume up,down,and power key,or use RECOVERY TOOL

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
In future Technical Previews of anything MS makes, perhaps they should put a software switch that can be activated when a person complains about how bad the TP is and how dumb it was to release this to the public. That switch would revert them back to the last known public version and block them from all TPs in the future.

LD50 II

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 928, and all my contact names were erased, a lot of my apps were deleted, it wont charge past 6% and my phone keeps crashing. I have tried to use the Recovery Tool to try to get 8.1 back, but my phone does not want to stay connected to my computer. I have also tried to soft reset and hard reset a couple times to no prevail. :( Any ideas anyone???

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 928, and all my contact names were erased, a lot of my apps were deleted, it wont charge past 6% and my phone keeps crashing. I have tried to use the Recovery Tool to try to get 8.1 back, but my phone does not want to stay connected to my computer. I have also tried to soft reset and hard reset a couple times to no prevail. :( Any ideas anyone???

Are you only charging via your computer? If so, is it possible you have a problem with your cable/port?

Also, which recovery tool are you using? There's the Lumia one and the Windows one. I don't know what the difference is, if any, but I fixed another WP phone with Windows Recovery Tool last week when it looked like all hope was lost for it. This phone had taken a bad collision and was stuck on the NOKIA loading screen, and could not be reset. Although Windows Explorer did not "see" the device, the software tool did and it was able to reset and restore the phone, which subsequently works perfectly.

RzX

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
WP10 TP-Problem

i just installed Windows 10 TP on my Nokia Lumia 822 , which was running flawlessly on the previous build 8.1 Lumia Denim . Then after installation and successful boot-up , WiFi was unable to connect.Whenever tried to switch it manually On , it gave the error " Sorry , couldn't turn on the wireless or something" , even after a soft-reset it didn't help . Then phone restore aka hard reset was initiated , it got successful but it reverted to Windows 10 TP again! This time it runs WiFi , but Contacts are unable to filter in the PEOPLE , neither disabling Outlook nor Hide contacts without Numbers works !!

Nothing much is checked further more. Any light on this will be appreciated , team windowscentral

RzX

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
WP10 TP-+Problem

Previous problem is fixed by itself , i don't know how , maybe trying 30 times or more. But there is another problem now.

where are the 3G / 4G options in Cellular + Sim ???????
More than that , why do we have odd linear style in MUSIC app for selecting Arranged-sub headings like a b c d etc ???

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
WP10 TP-+Problem

Previous problem is fixed by itself , i don't know how , maybe trying 30 times or more. But there is another problem now.

More than that , why do we have odd linear style in MUSIC app for selecting Arranged-sub headings like a b c d etc ???

As many have said, after you install, let it sit for 1-2 hours and many issues correct self. Not sure on 3G/4G options.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
WP10 TP-+Problem

Just tap on where it says sim and your network operator took me a while to figure it out too!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
As many have said, after you install, let it sit for 1-2 hours and many issues correct self. Not sure on 3G/4G options.

Yes! The background stuff goes on for a day. Things that seemed broken corrected themselves even after 24 hours. It's hard but try not to mess with things too much. For all 3 of my TP installs, I found that hard resetting caused more issues. Just my experience on the 930.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get picture messages (SMS) working on this build (10149) ? I sat here with my wife and had her send me pictures, I would get NOTHING at all. If she sent me a text, it came through fine. She tried a picture with text and just a picture, I got nothing on my ICON...

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone get picture messages (SMS) working on this build (10149) ? I sat here with my wife and had her send me pictures, I would get NOTHING at all. If she sent me a text, it came through fine. She tried a picture with text and just a picture, I got nothing on my ICON...
They work fine on my 1520 and my gf's 920. We both did a hard reset after updating though.

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Day 2...
Have done hard reset 4 times..
Still stuck at 13% 😓
And getting "error 0x80072f78"
(Any help)

Attachments

• IMG-20150628-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150628-WA0000.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 12

charan sai1

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to install windows10 tp, as guided i've got the windows insider and got downloaded windows 10 tp in sd card but while installing it showed error. Then when i came through internet, someone suggested remove sd card and try it! I removed sd card and tried to download the windows 10 tp, but my bad. It will come till 5% and showed another error.. Same thing again, Came across the internet and someone suggested do hard reset and install it, it will work. I did the same. But now Windows insider only not opening. everytime i opened it's crashing! not only WI some of other apps also continuously crashing after hard reset!

Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb