Windows phone 10 Update no Start Screen

Jcup

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem, then thought to pin an app to the start screen (select and hold, then choose pin to start from the menu) - the start screen re-appeared, though with only one tile.

Sonic98

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 635 over lunch with what was "Important" or "Critical" update (don't remember the actual title).

After the download and update, phone went blank, like powered off, no response to anything.
Took back cover off, removed/replaced battery, started up phone.

I see new lock screen photo and can swipe up but, only see notification bar icons (cell signal, LTE/Wireless, notification, and battery) and bottom buttons but, and this is the big BUT, no Start Screen icons. Basically the phone seems to be working but none functional.

Anyone else see same?

I guess no one ever figured out anything.

I have a Lumia 650

I'm not on any preview builds

I know when it's about to happen. The Microsoft screen stays up and extended time. The flag screen stays up and extended time. Then I just get a loading screen.

I can't get calls and text like some people. I get no cellular or data activity at all. I have to get on wifi

I can open apps using search button. I can't play the files on my phone and sim in Groove.

It eventually loads on it's own, but it's taking longer and longer each time. Sometimes hours. And the problem is not just after restarts. A few times lately the phone just seemed to freeze or hang, and I had no choice but to restart.

None of the solutions have worked. Not resetting. Not changing start screen settings. Not trying airplane mode. Taking out sim might have worked once or twice.

When it finally does load I have to restart get cellular and data connections. Maybe one time cellular came back without restart and some text came through

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess no one ever figured out anything.

I have a Lumia 650

I'm not on any preview builds

I know when it's about to happen. The Microsoft screen stays up and extended time. The flag screen stays up and extended time. Then I just get a loading screen.

I can't get calls and text like some people. I get no cellular or data activity at all. I have to get on wifi

I can open apps using search button. I can't play the files on my phone and sim in Groove.

It eventually loads on it's own, but it's taking longer and longer each time. Sometimes hours. And the problem is not just after restarts. A few times lately the phone just seemed to freeze or hang, and I had no choice but to restart.

None of the solutions have worked. Not resetting. Not changing start screen settings. Not trying airplane mode. Taking out sim might have worked once or twice.

When it finally does load I have to restart get cellular and data connections. Maybe one time cellular came back without restart and some text came through

If you use the device recovery tool to flash the device and factory reset it, does it work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium