[Solution] Crashing after entering PIN

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
It just cant verify the old pin we are using it in wp8.1
So we have to either disable it or change it
To make it work again

If your phone locks up when entering the sim pin , press cancel and go to settings>system>phone and disable the pin
Just enter the pin there if prompt
While disabling it

Or just hard reset ur device

Last edited:

tosvus

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
oh, and it doesn't seem to like my sim card anymore... Says cellular turned off in Settings. No way to turn it on. Sim Settings do not come up when I press...

pspbricker

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Device asked for pin, then crashed/powered off. In settings/phone I have "No SIM", so cannot disable pin. Soft reset doesn't help. "No SIM" icon is showing in notification bar.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys!

Please help. L920 with W10 tech preview using insider fast.

Issues:

- Phone app not opening.
- SIM card not detected at all.
-Messaging app not working

Wurstsalat

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Here are 3 Solutions

Disable SIM PIN in Settings -> System -> Phone
Or Change SIM in this menu

Settings App crashes for many ppl after pressing phone
- Power off your device
- Remove SIM
- Power On
- Open Settings -> System -> Phone
- Power Off
- Insert SIM
- Power On
- Cancel SIM PIN
- Go to Settings -> System -> Phone
- Change or Disable SIM PIN
Your fine to go

If you only change your PIN you never can enter SIM PIN on Startup, you have always change it in settings! Entering at phone hub or startup will hang up your device!

Disable SIM PIN in a second device and it will work in ur win 10 device
Works for the most

Hard Reset, hard but works for the most and when theres no second device only solution if 1 Fails

Hope this helps you to resolve this issue

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem of you (System -> Phone crashing and reverting back to the home screen), but after a couple of soft reset it went okay. Keep on trying, guys.

(Still, it's incredible how buggy this fundamental feature is)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem of you (System -> Phone crashing and reverting back to the home screen), but after a couple of soft reset it went okay. Keep on trying, guys.

(Still, it's incredible how buggy this fundamental feature is)

Eh NO it isn't!!! This is the "Fast Ring" we're talking about!!! and bugs are expected in this build. You knew what you were getting into when you signed up :p

docmattman

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if its the same issue on my 920... SIM card not recognized or detected. My Phone app opens and I see it asking for a voicemail password. Then the app quickly crashes before I can do anything. If I try to go to Settings->System->Phone, sometimes that crashes and closes and other times it shows empty information and I can't change anything. The "My phone number" is empty. It says "We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later".

If I go to Settings->Network & wireless->Cellular+SIM, the "Active network" says "cellular turned off". I have no idea how or where to turn it on. It looks like there is a "SIM settings" button at the bottom, but pressing it does nothing.

I know we signed up for a Tech Preview here. But I assumed since it is software for a phone, the phone feature would actually be present and working. Not sure what to do at this point except use a different phone until this gets fixed.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is why they asked us to mainly use it on a secondary phone :) At this point we will have to wait for a bug fixing update

Wilco Boode

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Amazing, I have a Lumia 535 and was unable to use my SIM (Dutch Network), as it froze the entire phone to which I had to remove the battery or hold the power button.
Disabling the Sim Pin instantly fixed the problem. You, are a saviour!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos