WARNING: Do not hard reset after installing the latest TP

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well here it goes: i installed the tp on my l520, went fine phone booted up, got win 10 tp, everything cool yes? wrong, wifi won't connect no matter what i tried, removing my routers password and let the network open, didn't work, soft reset, didn't work, and so, i finally say **** it, i'm hard resetting your ***, hard reset when fine except now the phone won't boot up, it turns on and pass the carrier logo but after that i get a black screen, i suppose something really went bad with the phone, though the computer stills detects the phone when i plug the usb cable so nokia software recovery tool should do it's magic, in any case, i post this as a PSA

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Did you have internet sharing turned on before rebooting/resetting?:

Internet sharing (or tethering) is available in Technical Preview, but you must turn off Internet Sharing before you turn off your phone. If you power off or restart your phone before turning off Internet Sharing, Wi-Fi will no longer work. To recover your phone, you'll have to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to return to Windows Phone 8.1, and then reinstall Technical Preview.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well.. I wouldn't agree.
Mine was hella-broken when I first installed W10, and then I did a hard reset which brought things back to normal.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well.. I wouldn't agree.
Mine was hella-broken when I first installed W10, and then I did a hard reset which brought things back to normal.

Well i said with the latest tp, if you had the older version it could be that there's a bug on the new one, anyway i'm now downloading nokia software recovery

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Damn if we cant connect to wifi, how are we supposed to download the next build grrr I am in the process of downloading win10 for my 520 its like 85% completed. Lets hope i am able to connect to Wi-Fi lol

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Damn if we cant connect to wifi, how are we supposed to download the next build grrr I am in the process of downloading win10 for my 520 its like 85% completed. Lets hope i am able to connect to Wi-Fi lol

Please tell me if the Settings open in your 520 after installing

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Well here it goes: i installed the tp on my l520, went fine phone booted up, got win 10 tp, everything cool yes? wrong, wifi won't connect no matter what i tried, removing my routers password and let the network open, didn't work, soft reset, didn't work, and so, i finally say **** it, i'm hard resetting your ***, hard reset when fine except now the phone won't boot up, it turns on and pass the carrier logo but after that i get a black screen, i suppose something really went bad with the phone, though the computer stills detects the phone when i plug the usb cable so nokia software recovery tool should do it's magic, in any case, i post this as a PSA

if you have not reverted to WP8.1, remove your sd card and hard reset using the hardware keys.

LokeshDmello

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my L730 after installing TP. Now when i boot the phone up it goes past the Windows Logo and the lockscreen appears after opening the lockscreen all i see is the navigation bar and the sim card reception logo and the battery charging logo, any solution for this issue?

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my L730 after installing TP. Now when i boot the phone up it goes past the Windows Logo and the lockscreen appears after opening the lockscreen all i see is the navigation bar and the sim card reception logo and the battery charging logo, any solution for this issue?
My installation got interupted then that was all I could see. A hard reset solved it. You may have to reset it again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb