No Sim after power off in TP 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfscorpio

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
So I updated my Lumia 920 to the Windows 10 TP and things were working well enough. Some apps wouldn't run like maps but messaging was ok. It was running slow overall so I powered down my phone and turned it back on. After that it says I have no sim, I can't send texts or make phone calls. Actually the messaging and phone app both crash on startup.

This is a huge problem and MS needs to fix it A.S.A.P.

I also noticed it says my carrier is AT&T in the Device Information but I unlocked my phone and have service with T-Mobile.

WFdude

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue with a Lumia 925 on Lycamobile (T-Mobile reseller). I have tried several reboots, a soft reset, and removing the SIM, restarting and re-seating. Note that I did get the 05 SIM error after booting with it removed. I also tried manually selecting a provider in Settings>Network and Wireless>Cellular and SIM>SIM settings and the text reflects a touch but nothing happens.

Beta type issues I can live with but no cellular connection on a cell phone is a bit over the line :)

ChinuKabi

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 520. The airplane mode has activated automatically and the settings for airplane mode has disappeared. Reverting back.

Jeffrey Poen

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with my Lumia 925, after upgrading TP10 the SIM is one time found, had to unlock with the SIM-code when the Phone booted. After a reboot the SIM is not found, starting the Phone App it automatic close.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Same here, everything worked, I restarted the phone and "no sim" since then. This is a SERIOUS bug. I know it's a TP, but this is a real mess!

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
LUMIA 920 users:

DON'T UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 TECHNICAL PREVIEW!

It sucks to the core! Nothing works!

- SIM never detected; no phone, no SMS

- Backup is never done completely

- Almost all the apps are not working, closes by itself after opening

Pepe Kuisma

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here with 1020. First time it booted it asked sim, but didn't regonaice what I dialed so had to shutdown the phone. And after that it has not asked pin. And only if I have no sim in phone, the phonebook/recentcalls etc. opens and says no sim detected. Back to the stoneage----->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster