How to cancel installation of downloaded Win 10 TP update?

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded the Windows 10 TP update and it is ready for installation. In phone update it shows it will be automatically installed on 15th April at 3:00 am. But after reading negative and horrifying experiences from people who have installed the update already I have changed my mind. I do not want to install this update anymore. Can anyone tell me how do I get rid of this already downloaded and prepared for installation update???

oscartoledo05

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Isn't she able to get out of the insider program? I guess she has the same problem. We need to find a way to leave the insider program, because uninstalling the app doesn't work.

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an idea. If I wait until 15-04-2015 and change the date to 14-04-2015 just before 3:00 am and once the time is past 3:00 am, change the date and time back to correct date & time, may be the update won't be installed. I'm not sure if this will work. But I'm really getting anxious now, about what to do.

May be I'll take a backup of my entire phone and just install the update. Then see if the worse things happen and have to use recovery tool to format it! That way if the installation is unavoidable on 15th, I'll be better off seeing how it looks on my phone and then format it now than waiting until 15th and doing the same thing.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Isn't she able to get out of the insider program? I guess she has the same problem. We need to find a way to leave the insider program, because uninstalling the app doesn't work.
Uninstalled, rejected the terms after, and did a soft reset. :/ She has no PC so if her phone bricks, she's SOL for a while. I'll post here if I find a fix!

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an idea. If I wait until 15-04-2015 and change the date to 14-04-2015 just before 3:00 am and once the time is past 3:00 am, change the date and time back to correct date & time, may be the update won't be installed. I'm not sure if this will work. But I'm really getting anxious now, about what to do.

May be I'll take a backup of my entire phone and just install the update. Then see if the worse things happen and have to use recovery tool to format it! That way if the installation is unavoidable on 15th, I'll be better off seeing how it looks on my phone and then format it now than waiting until 15th and doing the same thing.

I imagine it'd update after you fix the time..
Definitely back-up your phone. If this is your daily driver, I wouldn't recommend keeping it. I have it on my spare L530.

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Did u uneroll from the Windows insiders I think that what they suggest when the first build is released. And since u have a 920 did u get the gdr2?

GDR2 was my original plan on updating but no luck. I got the Windows 10 update. There were some hiccups but so far so good.

I did not unenrolled from Windows insider. I still don't know how. :smile:

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious... Why did you all enter a program where developers can preview state of the art technology with all the bugs that come with such software?

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious... Why did you all enter a program where developers can preview state of the art technology with all the bugs that come with such software?

Well, honestly, my main reason was that I want to have the latest update. :smile: Others, I want to test and experience the latest update first hand. I want to be part of the change, say what I want and don't like. Provide feedback all for the betterment of the OS.

But, I should have the option to withdraw my subscription, or cancel the update or something like that. Maybe there's a way and that is what we here in this thread want know. :smile:

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, honestly, my main reason was that I want to have the latest update. :smile: Others, I want to test and experience the latest update first hand. I want to be part of the change, say what I want and don't like. Provide feedback all for the betterment of the OS.

But, I should have the option to withdraw my subscription, or cancel the update or something like that. Maybe there's a way and that is what we here in this thread want know. :smile:
I have a 635 dedicated to test WP10 and thank god... Is just an awful experience. They need to release 10 more versions I will say to even reach Beta quality.

W

Windows Central Question

how to stop wp 10 update?

so i enrolled on fast circle as i wanted to try the trick to get update2 for 8.1. it ended up downloading the wp10 preview which i am staying away from for the moment! my phone is now threatening to update anyway in a couple of days.. can i remove this update file(s) before it completes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel