How to get rid of the notification to update to w10tp

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Just not install it....try deleting windows insider ....or last resort is,hard reset....i also,got gdr 2...then wen I checked update after I installed gdr2 I got windows 10 to...which iam,not installing...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys... This is not meant to be a workaround to GDR2. It is simply prep work to get your phone ready for 10.

The stability and functionality of this "cheat" has not been tested, so far as I know.

If this is your primary device, good luck. You are supposed to move from where you are to 10 or revert to official.

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 on 8.1 Update 1. Updated to update 1 through windows insider (wouldn't give me update/gdr 2), then figured I could cancel the update to 10. I figured wrong. At least it's not downloading since I unchecked automatically download, but there should be a way turn off the notifications. Hard resetting shouldn't have to be a fix for something that should be easy to turn off. I wanted to cheat my way GDR 2 (which I couldn't even get) and I don't see why that's a problem. I'm sure it's a lot better than the mess of windows 10 TP which doesn't seem like it was tested much. I guess I'll have to hard reset and just use preview to get to 8.1 update 1 unless Denim for AT&T 1020 is released soon. I'll wait for Denim if the update notifications don't bother me too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz