Has anyone installed Windows 10 preview on a HTC One (M8)?

JBG1952

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I noticed this morning that I could download Windows 10 preview on my HTC One (M8). I am a Verizon Wireless subscriber. Has anyone tried yet? Any thoughts?

JBG1952

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Curious starsoccer9. I have tried for weeks to get this notification without any luck. Would you know why the rollout is not consistent?

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what notification you mean.

I have been on windows 10 since the first build was released and have been trying since the new build to get onto it with no luck.

ICMIAMI05

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Its available for my (M8) AT&T model but afraid to download.....does the window recovery tool work for HTC if I need to rollback? I want to try it!

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
First off, the update you are getting is most likely just a fast ring configuration update not windows 10.

second, the recovery tool does not work, but there is a method to go back if you want to

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
so..... after continuing to try, I have finally downloaded it and installed it. Currently the only major issue I have encountered is once the screen turns off you can not turn it back on via the power button. You have to do a force reboot(soft boot) in order to get it to turn back on.

As we speak I am doing a hard reset in hopes that it resolves the issue.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Just to update everyone after the hard reset the phone is working great. I have not had any issues but will keep you updated with any major bugs I encounter

JBG1952

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
A few more questions starsoccer9. Do you use the device as your primary phone? If you are on a network, how well does it communicate with others? Does your phone operate in a business environment? I am not trying to be nosey, but my device is an integral part of my private network. Thanks for sharing all of your observations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786