Tap To Pay getting close?

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought that was always around on the L920 with the "Wallet". If I'm not mistaken you had to use a special sim card and such to take advantage of it. I could possibly be wrong on this.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
That's been around since WP 8.0 for the Tap to Pay integration in Wallet that only ever worked with Orange France (as it required secure SIMs and cooperation by the carrier). That switch is still there in WP 8.1, despite the tap-to-pay functionality being pulled from Wallet and put into separate apps (that's what the 'payment apps' part refers to), and this settings page hasn't changed in Windows 10. Hopefully the rumored payment thing pans out though.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T 920 has had that for a long time. I don't remember which OS update it came with; Black maybe? So far it's not been functional.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
That's been around since WP 8.0 for the Tap to Pay integration in Wallet that only ever worked with Orange France (as it required secure SIMs and cooperation by the carrier). That switch is still there in WP 8.1, despite the tap-to-pay functionality being pulled from Wallet and put into separate apps (that's what the 'payment apps' part refers to), and this settings page hasn't changed in Windows 10. Hopefully the rumored payment thing pans out though.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I happen to notice it on my 920 since Windows 10 for phones was installed. Its not on my 1520.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It must be close, because there is a new setting in w10 under wallet that says, "select credit card". You can tap on it but doesn't show any saved credit cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb