Does anyone have connection with their Microsoft Band on the new build?

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Not working with 830 at all. Even when un-pairing and resetting Band and rebooting device. It will say connected for 5 seconds and go back to saying paired. Apps like Health still work, but initiating voice commands with Cortana on Band result in the message to make sure Bluetooth is on and paired to phone.

This is the same connection issue on 8.1 after 1-2 days of it working, but at least on 8.1 it works for a day or two before I have to reboot. I've also tried a second different 830 with the same issue.

Anyone have any luck with any other phone models with consistent connection? I'm beginning to think that the Bluetooth modem or software is crap or the Band is defective.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There is currently an issue with the band + w10 which doesn't allow it to pair with the phone. The solution: After upgrade to Windows 10, go to Bluetooth settings, un-pair the Microsoft Band device and re-pair it.

Obviously, you have already done that, but for now that's the best solution there is.. Your issues do stem from before the latest TP update, so the problem might be with your band. Bring it into the store and explain the situation to them

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It'd be nice to get assurance from others that they have no issues before heading to the exchange route.

I hope i'm the only one. It'd be terrible if lots of others are having the same issues.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 810. It's paired when I launch the health app but after that's it's just what the op mentions

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I wonder how prevalent this issue is? It's the one thing that has kept me from trying W10P on my 1520. There haven't been more than a handful of people posting connection problems but there aren't a whole lot of people using the band so I am still waiting. I am hopeful that when new phones arrive with W10P OS preinstalled that the band will pair and play well with the phone.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The 830 without denim has some Bluetooth issues as you describe where it will hold the connection for a few days and then require a reboot. I hope it's fixed with denim but I don't know because I'm on att. I've tried 10 on a 1520 and 830 and had too many band connectivity issues to stay at 10. I'll try again after a few more releases but it annoyed me too much at this point.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
So looks like I found the forum with other people having issues with 10 + Band. I know Microsoft said that there are Bluetooth issues with the current build and using Cortana from the Band will not work. That's why you are receiving the Bluetooth message about make sure it's turned on and nearby. I have the 1020 on build 10052 and I also have the Band. In short, yes, there is a problem with the Band connecting. Here's everything that I've found out:

1) I can't get the Band to stay paired, with one exception. My friend, on a 1520 build 10052 and the Band, had an instance a few days ago (I think Monday) where suddenly the Band was staying connected for about 3-4 hours, but then his phone locked up and rebooted and went back to not staying connected. We have not been able to replicate this and have been working through it to see if we can get it to stay connected again.

2) You can't use Cortana, I think this has to do with the Bluetooth issue Microsoft mentioned not anything to do with the Band staying connected.

3) You can't use the keyboard to reply to texts from the Band (actually you can't use any method to respond to texts). Plus in general you won't receive text messages to your Band. The exception here is that all of these functions worked when it stayed connected on my friend's 1520.

4) I haven't noticed it automatically syncing so I usually just click on the Microsoft Health app in the morning and after work to have it sync everything the Band has gathered during the day/night. The Band still tracks everything just fine.

5) I still receive notifications, emails, facebook notifications, and facebook messages on my Band. But this was only after pretty much resetting everything. As far as I know you have to first go to Microsoft Health and disable every single tile from the Band and save the change. You then have to go into the Privacy Settings (in the phone settings) and every setting that has Microsoft Health listed you need to disable. Then delete the band from your Bluetooth and uninstall Microsoft Health. Reboot your phone and then go back to the store and download Microsoft Health again. Then pair your Band back to your phone and change all of the Privacy Settings back to enabled for Microsoft Health. Then open Microsoft Health and put all of your tiles that you want back onto the Band. This should enable all notifications except for texts which are usually sporadic.

If I find anything more I'll update this post.

UPDATE!!!
At 5:58pm on 5/10/15 for some weird reason my Band is staying fully connected to my 1020. I messed around a lot with it today so I will try to figure out if I can replicate it. If I can then I will include a detailed guide on how to do it. I'll update this post if I lose the solid connection to my Band. This did not stay after a reboot.

SECOND UPDATE
If you are on build 10080 the Band now stays connected. However, you may notice that you don't receive notifications on your Band. Simple fix is to go to the Microsoft Health app->manage tiles. All of the ones that have the edit option click it and turn them to off. Save the changes and then go back through them and change it to on and save again. You should now receive notifications. Also make sure that the Privacy settings are enabled for Microsoft Health in the settings.

Last edited:

Yer Valdovinos

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 and yesterday updated to Windows 10. At first I had the connectivity issue that you mention. I restored the band, re-install the Microsoft Health app and nothing. This morning I just "delete" my band from my bluetooth devices and start the process from the top. I finally get both devices connected so, when I go to the MSFT health app and start configurating, after syncing and my band says "almost there", I receive a "Network Error" message (Something went wrong. Please check you connection and try again.).

I?ve tried changing region and language to UK (from US) and the message took longer to appear but it did... it seems the problem is with msft health servers...

Please help!

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Network Error message before. Have you tried uninstalling the Microsoft Health app and deleting the Band from Bluetooth? If all else fails a hard reset may be necessary.

P.S. the Network Error message usually refers to one of two things. Bluetooth connectivity or your cell/wifi connection.

Yer Valdovinos

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I?ve just try what you suggest and still getting the network error message. I?m doing another hard reset despite of I did it yesterday. Hope it works because with no celphone paired my band is a piece of black plastic...

The articles I?ve read so far about this specific problem relate the error with the region and language of the phone...

braddo

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine to work with lumia 930
just had to unregister band
uninstall health app
reset band to factory
then install health app
pair the phone and band
syncing :)
it was weird, it ended up syncing all my text messages too.. the band kept going off showing text after text..
but now all working fine. texts, facebook message. cortana not working atm

Atlic

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had my band for three months and never had any issues with my HTC M8. I finally downloaded the TP and yes even though it shows that my band is connected it won't sync. I believe the issue is with the TP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb