Lumia 1520 .. Read This Before You Upgrade To Windows Phone 10 TP

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
OP, Does the notifications area you allow you reply to a text in line or without switching from your current app? I heard that feature is to be in the final product but was curious if its in the TP yet.

Thanks.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
OP, Does the notifications area you allow you reply to a text in line or without switching from your current app? I heard that feature is to be in the final product but was curious if its in the TP yet.

Thanks.

Not OP, but yes it does allow that. Love that option. Can also reply from the banner so you don't even need to open the notification/action center to reply. Awesome lil touch.

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Here's my comparison to your issues.

Dear All,

Well first of all after a long anticipated time the Windows Phone 10 Preview have arrived .. however i was too disappointed to so many reasons.

I will list the major problems that i faced after updating my Lumia 1520 to WP10:

1- When you are done with the update .. the actual boot time of the device is longer u will have to wait for about a minute each time you restart your device. My boot times are near the same (40-50 seconds)

2- The Pin Problem . your phone will get frozen once u enter your pin for the first time and that is what happened .. i removed the sim did a hard reset the problem worked fine .. however i lost my data. I have no issues with PIN entry

3- there is no EMAIL app that is clear .. have searched for few hours and found nothing on how to add a new email. Outlook email is present

4- The contact app is really buggy .. very slow ... and crashes way too often .. The people apps, alpha and standard, have not crashed for me
5- some of the previous apps will give you a crash and exception errors due to memory allocation issue. I have not experience this issue

6- Your phone touch screen will freeze .... No freezes so far for me

7- The power draining is incredibly annoying your battery will go from 100 to 50 in about 2 hours .. After 6 hours, my battery is at 77%. Others milage may very

8- The actual call app is very buggy and it takes u forever to answer a call and call. Although I do not like the layout of the new call app, I have not experienced any buggy-ness or slowness

9- the one thing that i hated the most is the keyboard .. it seems that there is a layout problem and the keyboard is super small ... I agree

10 - the glance screen cannot be turned off .. Same here

11- you will be lost as many of the settings are hidden inside another which is annoying and frustrating once you want to fix something every time. I personally like the organization of the Settings, better than the never ending scroll of WP8+. It does take some getting used to, though

12- many apps do not work and if they do they are super laggy. I have not experienced this issue. But, I do have 5 apps that will not update/install (OneDrive, Kinectimals, pin.it, Pimp my Band, device hub)

13- YOUR LUMIA 1520 will GET HOT ! REALLY REALLY HOT ! My 1520 is not getting hot, but did a little initially while on the charger and updating. I am unsure is that was usual or not

14- The camera app is laggy and very slow. Lumia Camera is as fast as it was in the previous 8.1 dev preview build

15- the vibration on the 3 buttons you have is constant and u cannot turn it off which will drain your battery even more That is true. I didn't even notice that, since I leave the vibration on always. This bug is reported

16- the home button becomes non responsive in many cases and you will be forced to do a reboot for the device. I haven't experienced this issue

17- the notification bar gets stuck while taking it up or down . so you will be forced to do it twice for it to work . I have not experienced this issue

These are some of the problems i have faced with my Lumia1520 after the update and now i am rolling back to 8.1 ....

Hope that gives u a heads up ...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not OP, but yes it does allow that. Love that option. Can also reply from the banner so you don't even need to open the notification/action center to reply. Awesome lil touch.

I second this sentiment!!! I wanted this since WP 8.0 :/ I hope other devs will use this for their apps!

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I suggest hard reset after updating to Windows Phone 10 - it fixed the most problems, such as not working Here Maps and Here Drive, mobile data (even aeroplane mode works now, even it was informed as known bug), no problems with contacts or with outlook mail (I like it) ... but photo app does not work well yet as well as many settings, but it was known ...

I prefer old Calendar app instead of new Outlook Calendar app (well, you can use both) ...

I am using it in my daily use, it is OK for that ... if you accept that it is still preview of Windows Phone 10 ...

About Windows 10 WZOR-leak 10056 for computers, it works just fine ... :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am going to probably do an upgrade today. Reason being is I am not sure if I even like the look of windows 10 for phone based on images. I am mot so worried about the performance as it is a preview but I seriously doubt in this late stage that there will be a radical redesign in how things look and if I don't like the way the os looks that in itself may cause some issues for me. I may as well learn now.

M4lic3

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Dev Preview on the Nokia 1520 is AMAZING! I've had zero issues so far (upgraded last weekend). The new OS breathed new life into my tired Lumia. While, in terms of function, this update was not as fundamental of a change as upgrading from the garbage that the phone shipped with (Windows 8) to 8.1, the OS is a significant improvement in terms of providing a much more refined feel and great look. I haven't had any issues with apps not working and Windows 10 functions fine with my Microsoft Band 2.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Dev Preview on the Nokia 1520 is AMAZING! I've had zero issues so far (upgraded last weekend). The new OS breathed new life into my tired Lumia. While, in terms of function, this update was not as fundamental of a change as upgrading from the garbage that the phone shipped with (Windows 8) to 8.1, the OS is a significant improvement in terms of providing a much more refined feel and great look. I haven't had any issues with apps not working and Windows 10 functions fine with my Microsoft Band 2.

exactly the same as me. my wife has it now - i have a 950XL - and she finds it fine. actually, she complains about facebook, but thats not a windows 10 thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs