do you expected more of windows phone 10 or is this effort enough

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
hello to everybodyt

my question is very simple, do you expected more with the release 2 of TP of WP 10 or is the efforts enough for reach to android?

my opinion is that i expected more things of this very new edition of windows phone

i have an list that i wish share and also will upload to the feedback of microsoft for give some feedback.

Change the Bluetooth ID of my phone for makes me identifiable to the rest
OTG support
Cortana support in more countries
An advanced multitasking and not the typical resuming
Consider the new changes of timezone in some countries and add the original and modified one for future proof
The tiles would have transparency, opacity selector and also color selection from a bar or color mixer
An white color of tile could be good for the new background system
Separate my contacts of facebook from my phone book also could be good for avoid mess in my contact books, the ones that I know in real and the others that I know on line only
That music, fm radio, games hub come back instead of have fm radio separated and not everything of audio and multimedia as applications, could be good come back to the hubs idea which kept lean the apps list and were easier to find everything straight in one place without scrolling too much
Project Spartan is a very joke that on HTML5 test already gets 370s points when should this new generation browser get 400 or more of score by be completely redone. Also can not save images because have not the option of long press over the image in order of get save image as

Fm radio should support also advanced RDS services as TA/ TP too
The FLAC support is not there
The e mail client is nice but lacks integration with the system, it feels like an separate app
The calendar view have not monthly one
Found very bad errors of translation to Spanish , or just portions not translated to Spanish
Could also get an rar,zip compressor, also for manage them
The sound recorder might have scenes modes like an normal voice recorder have , like meeting, auditorium, note, where can filter unwanted noises and caught the voice clear, since most high end models have multiples mics this task must be easier to Microsoft to implement this., also can select where record if from internal mics of an external one like an Bluetooth handsfree or an corded one too.
Also an downloads manager would be good where can pause an download, resume, also manage where is each file that I have downloaded also
Also an application selector if have multiples apps for open an file extension which one want to use and also set as default one and some gesture to open an open with too

i installed the TP on an lumia 520 and runs just ok considering that is an TP the browser Spartan is not very usable because hangs and gets stuck

i will also send this to feedback for give some feedback and well what do you think or add yours own expectatives

best regards
Francisco

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
hello to everybodyt

my question is very simple, do you expected more with the release 2 of TP of WP 10 or is the efforts enough for reach to android?

my opinion is that i expected more things of this very new edition of windows phone

i have an list that i wish share and also will upload to the feedback of microsoft for give some feedback.

Change the Bluetooth ID of my phone for makes me identifiable to the rest
OTG support
Cortana support in more countries
An advanced multitasking and not the typical resuming
Consider the new changes of timezone in some countries and add the original and modified one for future proof
The tiles would have transparency, opacity selector and also color selection from a bar or color mixer
An white color of tile could be good for the new background system
Separate my contacts of facebook from my phone book also could be good for avoid mess in my contact books, the ones that I know in real and the others that I know on line only
That music, fm radio, games hub come back instead of have fm radio separated and not everything of audio and multimedia as applications, could be good come back to the hubs idea which kept lean the apps list and were easier to find everything straight in one place without scrolling too much
Project Spartan is a very joke that on HTML5 test already gets 370s points when should this new generation browser get 400 or more of score by be completely redone. Also can not save images because have not the option of long press over the image in order of get save image as

Fm radio should support also advanced RDS services as TA/ TP too
The FLAC support is not there
The e mail client is nice but lacks integration with the system, it feels like an separate app
The calendar view have not monthly one
Found very bad errors of translation to Spanish , or just portions not translated to Spanish
Could also get an rar,zip compressor, also for manage them
The sound recorder might have scenes modes like an normal voice recorder have , like meeting, auditorium, note, where can filter unwanted noises and caught the voice clear, since most high end models have multiples mics this task must be easier to Microsoft to implement this., also can select where record if from internal mics of an external one like an Bluetooth handsfree or an corded one too.
Also an downloads manager would be good where can pause an download, resume, also manage where is each file that I have downloaded also
Also an application selector if have multiples apps for open an file extension which one want to use and also set as default one and some gesture to open an open with too

i installed the TP on an lumia 520 and runs just ok considering that is an TP the browser Spartan is not very usable because hangs and gets stuck

i will also send this to feedback for give some feedback and well what do you think or add yours own expectatives

best regards
Francisco

according to ,me users should wait before instaliing the next preview build. many of the users are just excited about the new os rather than what they should expect from aTP and later find themselves in a curry with loads of bugs and occasionally bricking their devices. ;) good day

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
i know that many are more interested in an new release than in their content , but i been waiting this release for watch the improvements that microsoft can do to be on pair to android and mostly is not doing much efforts, is just like joke that in an old phone with keypad can rename the bluetooth name but on an modern smartphone made by the major software developer as is Microsoft they have not made those options avalaible on Windows Phone, is even amazing that we be celebrating options that on Android and IOS have from their beginnings and just now in the version 8.1 -10 be adding those options

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have no expectations because this is a preview and not an official launch. This build isn't supposed to sway Android users, nor is it supposed to sway existing Windows users.

It is a Alpha/Beta test for Microsoft and those interested to help fine tune and fix up W10 for the official release that is meant to sway the above users.

This is a testing phase, not a show off phase.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Even this thread title makes me angry. "This effort".

You could not have had more warning that it was inadvisable to install WP10. It's not even a proper alpha, let alone a beta. It's great that you've got a list of things you want and things you want to see changed, which is exactly what a participant in the test programme ought to do, but aside from that you've got the wrong attitude about this. You're better off going back to WP8.1. Wait until 10 is finished, and stop trying to review 10 from what you see today.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If MS just copies features from other OSes what will they end up with?... Hint: Not a distinctive OS.

Bluetooth device renaming? Really? That's the number 1? (and which, by the way, works just dandy in this release).

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh caused fire this, I know that is an,alpha version and not an definitive version, also I like Windows phone OS but if we want to pull market from Android and IOS should Microsoft do more efforts, for make the 10 be the ultimate software on smartphones and put the bar higher to Android and IOS, don't want go back to 8.1 because I wanted install the alpha version forcontribute to improve the version of Windows , already liked the new options that have now even it's odd in a Lumia 520 I found a interesting thing is not resuming issues on Skype I would still testing for help to make this version of WP be the ultimate operative system

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If MS just copies features from other OSes what will they end up with?... Hint: Not a distinctive OS.

Bluetooth device renaming? Really? That's the number 1? (and which, by the way, works just dandy in this release).

Man I feel ashamed with your comment, now Windows 10 looks like IOS with the round buttons I even I, feel that Windows phone it's losing the distinct way from the other two, have no hubs anymore, Facebook integration without the app it's lost then don't say that copying other OS it's bad because right now we are copying and are losing functions , and we expect get the market share of android, in such way that we are going will not , now isn't any exclusive apps and here is on sale so now Microsoft must be bold to this release.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The entire windows phone 10 preview situation is a joke. We need to give a corporation the size of Microsoft our feedback on a pre alpha OS? They can't afford to have more than 4 guys working in a closet sized room part-time on Win Phone 10? Maybe they should have kept a couple extra people from the 18,000 they canned to push this thing a little bit. This is supposed to help MS get back in the game but so far they can't even find the stadium.

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Who knows what their plan is... I think currently they are just trying to get all the windows systems unified and working together first...

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
There is no beauty to it. Both in aesthetics and usability. This is no longer Metro.
I hope it comes back.
Totally agree, I loaded it up on a spare Lumia 625 and turned it off after 5 minutes, it's awful and totally not what i bought into years ago, which is metro, not an android clone 😒

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The entire windows phone 10 preview situation is a joke. We need to give a corporation the size of Microsoft our feedback on a pre alpha OS? They can't afford to have more than 4 guys working in a closet sized room part-time on Win Phone 10? Maybe they should have kept a couple extra people from the 18,000 they canned to push this thing a little bit. This is supposed to help MS get back in the game but so far they can't even find the stadium.

I agree. IT was cool for an hour to check it out but that's it. MS should use a small number of select people to search for bugs and what not. Releasing this bad Alpha build, even with warning, to the public.just seems odd. And the fact that they're still only in an Alpha stage is kind of embarrassing. Especially since its not like WP 10 is drastically different or has that many improvements. What have they been doing for over a year to only be at this Alpha stage? With so many things not working well or at all. With not one aspect completed. And they seem unsure of confused as far as new designs.

I don't know what they're doing.and at times, im not sure they do either.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree, I loaded it up on a spare Lumia 625 and turned it off after 5 minutes, it's awful and totally not what i bought into years ago, which is metro, not an android clone 😒

I don't get the complaints on calling Android clone. But I do think MS seems clueless or unsure where they're going. IT doesn't look or feel like Android to me at all. But at the same time, it seems like a mix of different styles.

I'm more curious as to how so many things just don't work well or at all. They should've 1, been further ahead than they are now, and 2, not released an Alpha build to the public, who cares if they warned people. They should be well aware loyal customers have been dying for the next WP version for a long long time. Yet they continue to be very slow and worse yet, unsure of where they're going or how to get there

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the complaints on calling Android clone. But I do think MS seems clueless or unsure where they're going. IT doesn't look or feel like Android to me at all. But at the same time, it seems like a mix of different styles.

I'm more curious as to how so many things just don't work well or at all. They should've 1, been further ahead than they are now, and 2, not released an Alpha build to the public, who cares if they warned people. They should be well aware loyal customers have been dying for the next WP version for a long long time. Yet they continue to be very slow and worse yet, unsure of where they're going or how to get there
Have you really forgot that their main priority was to make sure that all Lumia's can run the preview? I'm sure a majority of people was working on that but are now working on the ui,bugs, and more features. Complaining doesn't solve anything,It only confuses Microsoft more, there are people who don't like the look of win10 and there are people who do, there are people who want pivot back,people who want hamburger to stay and people who want a new style of changing pages or setting. Give them a break for once and sit back and relax, they are looking at feedback continuously so they which way to go with this new OS.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If they haven't an roadmap of priorities how come that release an public alpha and don't look like too much advances, we have feed back to Microsoft by over an year about things how come that still confused with the draw, i will burst to Microsoft with feedbacks because want something better than what we have, also why not use themes, the older or the new themes, of anyway in computer os exist themes why,should Windows phone 10 be different if they are pointing convergence with the computer OS?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
But not blind as for don't watch that Microsoft is doing a mediocre work.also do not want of expected get known in here and also you do not have something better than start to be rude in a forum, if you don't like the opinion don't answer, the folks here are starting to look like the same people which we criticize the android, IOS fans I think will give up of this forum due the aggressions got with an opinion.

Last edited:

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I think they are just running around in circles.. Instead of bringing something new, they are breaking the things which was working fine.. I expect much more including the award winning design, uniqueness, hubs everything what was great on WP 8.. They should have focused on just adding new features and bringing in all the apps.. The OS was already great..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i know that many are more interested in an new release than in their content , but i been waiting this release for watch the improvements that microsoft can do to be on pair to android and mostly is not doing much efforts, is just like joke that in an old phone with keypad can rename the bluetooth name but on an modern smartphone made by the major software developer as is Microsoft they have not made those options avalaible on Windows Phone, is even amazing that we be celebrating options that on Android and IOS have from their beginnings and just now in the version 8.1 -10 be adding those options

Exodus 20:17, thou shall not covet thy neighbors house. My recommendation, Stay in your lane.

moses.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion