Some known issues in the 2nd build.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Its my device and your no one to tell me whether I should install it on my device or not.. I'm using WP for around 2yrs and I knew before installing that the build was going to be buggy..

I'm happy you decided to share your experiences with all of us, because we're actually encouraged to do just that. When I saw your post count, I didn't mind that you didn't know what a hard reset actually is, because not many of us need to use it in the very beginning, but now that I see you're an active user of two years, it seems a bit strange that you never needed or heard of a hard reset.

Nonetheless, the reason why MDK is a bit harsh (not uncalled for; tough loving lol) is simply due the fact that most people have been complaining about this build as if MS promised a full and polished update :/ We have been stressing for a while now that the insider updates, won't be like the dev prev updates. Insider provides actual beta and alpha releases, so it's very weird to see people complaining so much (Im not saying that you were complaining).

On top of this, MS actually warns people before installing, but some just skipped over it lol

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Its my device and your no one to tell me whether I should install it on my device or not.. I'm using WP for around 2yrs and I knew before installing that the build was going to be buggy..

You are CORRECT, your phone, your choice ...

Simply responding to 'How to hard reset' post by YOU.

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
worked fine all day Saturday and Sunday, now no connection to the outside world via LTE only WIFI did a hard reset after noticing the date was wrong still has Saturdays date, had texts this morning and a call then nothing - guess I will do a restore tonight

spazinvader

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
8.back button does not work to get back to start screen.

It works for all apps. It only does not work for "apps list screen", cos "swiping from left to right" brings you back to home screen.

I updated my Lumia 920. However, whenever I press a back button, it is not closing any app. Instead they reside in the back ground. Even if I go to settings or open multiple tabs in IE. Is that the expected behavior(like the calendar app in WP 8.1)? Or is that a bug? If it is, I will post it as a bug. Else, I will post as a feature request to make back button close apps.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 920. However, whenever I press a back button, it is not closing any app. Instead they reside in the back ground. Even if I go to settings or open multiple tabs in IE. Is that the expected behavior(like the calendar app in WP 8.1)? Or is that a bug? If it is, I will post it as a bug. Else, I will post as a feature request to make back button close apps.
If you're talking about when you close an app or browse a bunch on IE task switcher shows It as a bunch of open tabs then yes it's a bug.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Pressing the back button in an app, which brings you back to start screen, suppose to close the app. In w10s case the app still lives.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
NO problem, simply making a point - IF you don't know how to Hard Reset your device (that IS What you asked), perhaps you should NOT be in the Insider release.

If you've read other posts - another method to HARD RESET = dial ##777# on your phone dial pad (there was an article about this a couple of weeks ago) ...

and the build will be buggy, that's been written about a million times

Oh come on OP is enjoying the WindowsPhone10 Tech Preview and has come across a few bugs which he thought of sharing it.If he doesn't know about how to hard reset educate him.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone got the 640XL or 640 in hands it's out with update 2? BBM is pre-installed in the package.

I would like to know if anyone is facing a lag while opening it or even while using it?

I am not sure what device is facing such kind of lags with the update 2. Windows Phone? May be not. lol

1.glance-date and month is not shown.

Known issue. Glance will work only in the next builds.

2.lockscreen-date and other stuff on the wallpaper appear a bit late after waking up the phone.

A hard reset resolves the issue

3. If u have a lockscreen password you might see a glitch on tiles after unlocking the phone(the tiles move a bit)

Do not use any lock screen password. That resolves this issue.

4. Weird white lines appear on action centre sometimes.

A minor bug to be resolved in the next builds.

5.some apps take time to open(6tag,ucbrowser).

6.copy/paste not working.

Working perfectly. However, if it does not work, a hard reset resolves the issue

7.flight mode/internet connection settings not working.

8.back button does not work to get back to start screen.

It works for all apps. It only does not work for "apps list screen", cos "swiping from left to right" brings you back to home screen.

Sent from Lumia 1520 using Taptalk

Wurstsalat

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not mad.. I'm just sharing the bugs with people who have installed and thinking to install it on their devices.. I now its a beta release and will be unpolished software
it is not about being mad, it is more about not to know what an hard reset is....
this is what ms want to point at with
"We're not kidding about the expert thing. So if you think APN is a cable news network, Technical Preview may not be right for you."

This is no offense but the builds at the moment are rly only for people who know how to handle such actions - even it is not very hard to find out how to hardreset a lumia

But sure, if you want to participate and report bugs or bring in some improvements i am sure ms/everyone welcomes u...

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
one WEIRD issue that im facing if you dont mind me to add is with my lumia 535 on the 2nd build is that when i want to choose to delete a photo from gallery or if i want cortana to use my current location or anything that pops up a window on top of my screen it just gets transparent and a thin yellow line appears on top . the window only shows up when i change the orientation of the screen when possible in some options to landscape doesnt work on portrait and cortana doesnt flip when landscape so i cant activate it . seems to me that Microsoft didnt think about large screens in this build the lumia 535 has a 5 inch display .

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh come on OP is enjoying the WindowsPhone10 Tech Preview and has come across a few bugs which he thought of sharing it.If he doesn't know about how to hard reset educate him.

I thought I did
'... another method to HARD RESET = dial ##777# on your phone dial pad (there was an article about this a couple of weeks ago) ... '

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes people read things the wrong way. But to be fair, from MS Insider website:
Download and install the preview only if you:
Really know your way around Windows Phone and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, or restoring your original operating system if something goes wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro