Phone dead while recovering from windows 10 technical preview

lajeeshk

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My phone dead while I am rolling back to 8.1 from windows 10 techincal preview. Its in UEFI mode now. now showing nokia name and a red background. recovery tool is not detecting my phone now. its showing that phone is in UEFI mode. Can I get my phone working in go to a service center ?

Thanks and regards,
Lajeesh

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Why do people always seem to choose Recovery tool and then are surprised when their phone gets borked...stay away from recovery tool people that is not a go to tool its last resort. If you are not testing the beta as a tester stay away...its not some lets look at windows 10 for 5 minutes and go back to 8.1...seriously

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My phone dead while I am rolling back to 8.1 from windows 10 techincal preview. Its in UEFI mode now. now showing nokia name and a red background. recovery tool is not detecting my phone now. its showing that phone is in UEFI mode. Can I get my phone working in go to a service center ?

Thanks and regards,
Lajeesh

yes to be on the safe side and if you are not sure of what to do next best way to approach will be to take the phone to service centre. but be advised that they will charge you a sum because you have void your warranty once you installed windows 10 TP.as of now try again to rollback. remove the phone . reboot the device and try again for rollback. ;) good day

sharmrang

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi lajeesh,

I even faced same issue and couldnot recover. This morning posted comment for solution. But I think there is no solution. Bad day yaar..

dioni87

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Beware if NSRT/WPRT not detecting your phone. Changing board is the solution when you go to Care Center, Like this.But thats in Indonesia, hope in your country the care center more smarter or creative

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem yesterday. Had the red screen on the phone. Just switch the USB cable or computer or USB slot. My issue was a faulty USB cable. I am typing this comment using my Windows Phone which has been downgraded from Windows 10 Mobile TP to Windows Phone 8.1 Update...

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I used the Windows Phone Software Recovery Tool 1.1.0 and now after more than 24 hours after downgrading to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, I have no issues at all... No hardware or software issues... My Lumia 1520 is working like a charm.

AnnoyingCat

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
i downgraded just fine using window recovery tool, just few clicks and waits, take 2 tries though.
the 1st time it say nokia bootmgr driver not found -> phone not detected, but the 2nd time it run all the ways :/

lajeeshk

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have gone to nokia care. and they too cannot solve the issue. they cannot reflash or downgrade. They are saying it may required to send to company. and it will take 1/3 rd of the price of the phone and one month time

Regrads,
Lajeesh

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys I got my bricked L-520 repaired by JTAG flashing @ just Rs.400/- from a local service centre.
Nokia care ppl told I need to replace my motherboard @ Rs.4,500/-
But got the issue resolved by a small service centre boy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos