Universal app strategy

owoturotimi

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I just had a brilliant idea 💡 for what Microsoft could do to fix the app problem on Windows phone. We all know that the universal app strategy applies only to windows only but what if we could expand it to other is platforms so we have a universal app store that works on all os'es if the android store can run on bb os, and possible to run it on windows phone too why can't this he done? This would be an incentive for developers to develop one app that runs on all os one time. The only challenge is making apple and google to agree to this but we certainly have bb and Ubuntu who would agree to this. I know what this would mean for developers because it saves them the trouble developing for different platforms. This would be one universal app store for all operating systems. It's possible and it would be sad if anyone says its a bad idea.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Great idea. But to late this is already possible. Just replace your device Os with Win10.

Now getting OEMs to run Win10 on their devices is the challenge.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There are a few problems with your idea.. One of the major ones; our OS is very restrictive. Most apps that get into the playstore wouldn't even make the grade for our store. I'm not saying that we have a perfectly safe store...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Or in other words to let this work flawless all phones should have the same OS and that I don't believe is going to happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon