How can I get Here Maps or Maps working on Windows 10 preview for phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Here maps or Maps not working on Windows 10 preview for phone

I just installed the preview last night on my Lumia 1020 US Att version and noticed I can't use here maps, navigation or the bing maps. It just says loading then quits back to home screen. Is anyone else having the same issue? Is there a fix for this without having to revert back to WP8.1? Settings > Maps says it cannot find offline maps and I also cannot delete the offline was. I did have some offline prior to upgrading to 10.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Here maps or Maps not working on Windows 10 preview for phone

See post 231 of below thread.

Here apps don't work. But instead the new Maps is a hybrid of Here drive-Here maps-Bing maps. I used the navigation of Maps today. It was quite accurate and the maps where the Nokia maps and not Bing maps (works both offline/online).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-phones/340958-10.htm#post3059119

I hope that this also works for you.

Wole Oyeniran

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue on my unlocked Lumia 1520. The inbuilt maps app in Windows Phone 10 does not work. Also cannot delete maps as well.

vanandh22

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Same here on ATT Lumia 920. inbuilt app here maps here drive and any map related apps dont work. Cant delete maps too.
But storage sense shows the size of maps which I have downloaded offline before upgrade. Frustrating this !!
Fixit Now!!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Same here on ATT Lumia 920. inbuilt app here maps here drive and any map related apps dont work. Cant delete maps too.
But storage sense shows the size of maps which I have downloaded offline before upgrade. Frustrating this !!
Fixit Now!!

I am sorry that it does not work for you but did you try a hard reset.
Bye the way the "Fixit Now" is a useless comment. You use W10 TP so you should know that stuff like this can happen.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I hate it too. My favorites all in here maps. It not link to waze or here drive. When you press navigation, new maps app will popup and crash. Need to wait for next build if they fix this

chascoadmin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Nokia Icon. Neither the Here Maps or built-in maps apps work. Both crash and return to home screen. Same result when initializing navigation from other apps.

Just updated to 10.0.10512.1000 and did not work in previous version either. :eck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb