Lumia 920 is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 Preview, how can I get this to work?

kpulak

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 is not working after upgrading to windows 10 preview

Yesterday I have upgraded my Lumia 920 to Windows 10 preview. Now, it is not working. It seems dead now. The screen is total black. I have tried to reset and restart the phone, but no use.

Is it still any way to go back and downgrade to WP 8.1? Please help.

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 is not working after upgrading to windows 10 preview

Have your tried "Lumia Software Recovery Tool"? Install the latest version, plug your phone to your computer and check whether the phone is detected. Else follow "My phone is not recognized". If it's not truly bricked, you will able to rollback to Windows Phone 8.1. All the best :)

Edit: adding link to topic covering rolling back WP8.1

How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Central

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Yesterday I have upgraded my Lumia 920 to Windows 10 preview. Now, it is not working. It seems dead now. The screen is total black. I have tried to reset and restart the phone, but no use.

Is it still any way to go back and downgrade to WP 8.1? Please help.

My Lumia 920 did also had a black screen after updating to Windows 10 TP. It was fixed after a couple (5 or 6?) of hard reset using button combinations.

Try reading some comments from here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-windows-phone-10-update-no-start-screen.html

Juan08C

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

My Lumia 920 did also had a black screen after updating to Windows 10 TP. It was fixed after a couple (5 or 6?) of hard reset using button combinations.

Try reading some comments from here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-windows-phone-10-update-no-start-screen.html

Please help! Exactly what did you do? My phone was working fine until it froze and I was able to shut it down, but now it won't turn on even with the button combos.

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Please help! Exactly what did you do? My phone was working fine until it froze and I was able to shut it down, but now it won't turn on even with the button combos.

I did hard reset, check screen if OK, if not, hard reset again. Check this link to reset your phone (button combinations): https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone

If hard reset doesn't work, then try reverting to 8.1. Here's a link for the guide: How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Central

If all fails, there's nothing else that I could do to help you. :unhappy: Just buy a new Windows Phone to increase our share. :evil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers