Windows 10 Pro Buold 10041/10049 Surface 3 Pro Freeze

Lord_Byron

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have two Surface 3 Pro systems both on a Technical Preview on two different builds (as described in the title). Both are having the same problem form time to time, which is that they don't "wake up" from their sleep mode. So I close the surface at night and the next morning the only way to wake them up is by pressing the On button for more than 30 seconds. Which reboots the Surface.

The lid, the keyboard the other buttons nothing else wakes the Surface up. Does anyone experience the same? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to wake the Surface in a more gentle and quicker manner?

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with my SP3 on 10049. I gets hot to the touch and will not wake up from sleep. The only solution is to hold down the power button to reset. Hopefully the next update will fix this.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There does seem to be some issues in the power modes for those builds.
Personally, I flip all devices to hibernate rather than sleep (as the resume time with SSDs these days is not much different between the two modes, but there's no battery drain in hibernate). Might be worth seeing if hibernate is a better option for those tablets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb