Nokia Lumia 520 Stuck in Black Screen after attempting Rollback, what should I do?

Vinicius Dumbra

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 520 Stuck in Black Screen after attempting Rollback

Hello, my Nokia Lumia 520 is currently stuck in Black Screen after attempting Rollback.
Here's what happened:
I installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview for Windows Phones on my phone, but it was stuttering lightly, I believe it did so because my phone only have 512MB of RAM, and the system isn't quite ready yet, I knew it was dangerous and knew the risks, but it was working alright, the problem was when I attempted a rollback to Windows 8.1 via Windows Phone Recovery Tool. It started the rollback, my phone went into the Red Screen with a progress bar, as expected, but all of a sudden it gave me an error message in WP Recovery Tool, and my phone went black, now when I connect it into the PC, it does nothing (the PC recognizes 'something' has been plugged in, it plays the hardware plugged in sound, but my phone gives no sign of life), so I was looking forward to some help, I already called Microsoft Support (I live in Brazil, so I used their services).
I am currently using (and tried the rollback in) Windows 10 Technical Preview for PC, Build 10049.
Thanks in Advance.

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Stuck in Black Screen after attempting Rollback

Hi, this happened to me also I eventually managed to flash using the Nokia care suite, it has an option for if the phone won't turn on.

I have however had major issues since so proceed cautiously... I have a thread on here about it

lesterando

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

Same problem here. I tried use the nokia care suite, but the process need to use the power and volume button to vibrate and they stopped to work (black screen)..

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here. I tried use the nokia care suite, but the process need to use the power and volume button to vibrate and they stopped to work (black screen)..

It took me a few attempts but i got it to work by turning phone off by taking battery out and back in ( to make sure ) connecting to pc by usb ( which should start to power up the phone ) and hitting retry straight away

lesterando

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

It took me a few attempts but i got it to work by turning phone off by taking battery out and back in ( to make sure ) connecting to pc by usb ( which should start to power up the phone ) and hitting retry straight away

I tried it after see your advice and it didn't worked out to me ;(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise