New Loading bar - Broken and freezing phone

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi. In the latest build of w10m it looks like they introduced something like a new loading bar for certain actions, similar with those dots moving from left to right, above the battery and time bar. This bar has the same size and position only that this is not composed from some dots moving from left to right but is a real progress bar which should start to fill. the problem is it doesnt. it stays with only 1mm filled for ever. plus, this bar is different from the one with dots because on this, the other content on the display is dimmed and un-tapable so i have to hit back to dismiss it and continue to use my phone.
I get this bar on several actions such as when i select some photos and hit delete, or when i press "Allow" on Cortana to allow her to use location, and many more, plus WHEN I PRESS DOWNLOAD AT UPDATE.
This is how the bar looks(above the wi-fi and celular signal):
http://1drv.ms/1FXZ8D6
http://1drv.ms/1FXYZQ3
I can swear one time it did fill up and showed something like "Done". but that was only one time and i forgot on what action it succeed.
My question is, what causes it and how can i work around it? Maybe is a setting which if i disable it wont appear, or it will appear but work. Its appears on so many actions that "eats" half of the stability and usability of this build.(as i said, i cant even update now, because this bar is triggered and it stays with that 1mm fill)

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have this exact problem too, no idea why it's doing this but on maps it does this loads. Hopefully someone can say cause this loading screen has locked me out of one drive when it comes to downloading anything to the phone, I try then get the loading screen, same with trying to open PDFs and a load of other things too.

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
yeah this also happens to me on the lumia 535 but i never had a full bar... this happens because microsoft did not adjust the pop ups try enabling auto rotate and go to a photo that you want to delete, press delete you would get the bar again but now rotate your screen to landscape then the pop up will appear.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
yeah this also happens to me on the lumia 535 but i never had a full bar... this happens because microsoft did not adjust the pop ups try enabling auto rotate and go to a photo that you want to delete, press delete you would get the bar again but now rotate your screen to landscape then the pop up will appear.
Thanks, any tips for other apps such as the music one, I can't go landscape in that so can't get round the pop up screen. Wonder if this is just an issue with the 535?

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, any tips for other apps such as the music one, I can't go landscape in that so can't get round the pop up screen. Wonder if this is just an issue with the 535?

not sure you could do anything to apps that dont rotate unfortunately :( lets just hope that theyll fix it ... thats the reason why i have rolled back to 8.1 it just doesnt allow u to do a lot of things and it is annoying i couldnt configure cortana because of this issue :( .. im gussing that this issue is only on the lumia 535 but im not sure yet i didnt see any other phones with this issue with wp10 preview

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
hey guys. yep, i discovered too inside the photo app that that "bar" is actually a pop-up asking for confirmation on a certain action. so the solution is quite simple. when it appears just rotate the screen and the supposed progress-bar turns into an ordinary pop-up window. but what about the apps which dont work in landscape mode? well, this pop-up appears in 2 cases, one for asking permisions and one for confirming actions. for the latter i dont know any workaround, sorry. but for the first, there is one. lets take the cortana as the example: it asks about location (if other apps dont say which permision, you'll have to guess). so go to settings->privacy->location and you'll find that cortana(and every app) already has the location permision switched on(so its strange that it still asks for it). switch it off then switch it back on. now you basically given cortana deliberately the permision to use location so there is no need to face that broken pop-up again, so you can enjoy cortana. and my guess is it will work for other apps too, you just have to know what permision it asks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos