OTA solution?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I love my 1520. In fact, I don't even have a pc, bc it does everything I need. Problem: I installed TP and don't have a pc for Recovery Tool. Is there an app or OTA solution to go back to.8.1??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way. You do need a PC with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool installed (and a phone cable) to be able to revert your phone to the stable OS version.

Welcome to Windows Central, by the way.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way. You do need a PC with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool installed (and a phone cable) to be able to revert your phone to the stable OS version.

Welcome to Windows Central, by the way.

Thank you! I do have access to a stream 7 tablet, but it seems there is no way to plug.the 1520 into.it...argh

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes but In order to attach my 1520 to the stream 8, both ends would have to be the "small" end (male I guess)

A "normal" USB male to micro male cord...
Capture.JPG

...combines with an adapter...
Capture02.JPG

...to bridge the two devices.

Or go completely bonkers and stick the micro male end of the adapter into the tablet... Then the USB male end of the cable into the adapter and the micro male end of the cable into the Lumia if you don't think I got it right the first time.

:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven