Overheating and Quick Battery Drain

bugs1992

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok I realized something new.

If the lock screen shows the clock, the device cools down..... I think....

Yes I also noticed this running 10149. looks like the lock screen is crashing somehow or stuck in a loop?
I woke up this morning to a dead battery. the qi plate had just kept it running enough for my alarm to go off. Phew!

srinivas pilli

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My battery 🔋 drains very very very much faster especially when I am n 3G network and even when I do simple things n my phone the battery 🔋 drains faster please help me anybody

jlanc64

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 930. But I think I found out what was causing my problems with heat and battery life.

Make sure nothing is in the background (close all apps in the background when not in use)
This has been the fix for me and my battery life is back to normal.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hello guys, i have a problem unlocking mu phone. when i swipe up it say ENTER A1B2C3 anyone faced this. please help me with my issue not able to use my phone.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
mine discharges at about 5% an hour, if using it then a lot quicker! and it gets pretty hot! I really don't want to go back to 8.1 but there are a lot more issues than I was lead to believe when I decided to install!

within the battery saver settings (pinned) as the app is not working!!!! I am able to turn things off but a lot of the options don't have descriptions so I have no idea what they are. I can not turn search (Cortana) off on mine, there is no option.

I have turned glace, high sensitive touch and double tap to wake. cant live without double tap, so this is back on again now!

how long do people think it will be for the next update?

today facebook beta no longer works and last night my camera had a green screen upon opening! I had to restart!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
My bet is just wait a week. My 1020's battery life has significantly increased since I installed last week - from 25% an hour to 5% an hour today. It's almost back to being on-par with 8.1 again

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is probably ~60% as long as on 8.1, on my 1020. I basically wiped my phone and started fresh right before installing WP10, too.

I'll be surprised if WP10 is ever as efficient as 8.1 on these older devices. The 930/1520 may be alot better off.

I'm not too impressed with 10 anyways, performance aside. I may just stick with 8.1, for good, on my 1020. It's just a backup anyways...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

vinevinz

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Okay.. i got this fix actually since the first time installing

disable all of your background apps, except something u use such as WhatsApp/BBM/Line or path etc...
turn of autoupdate of new Store (beta), go to store -> settings ->turn off auto update..

Arian Azizi

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
People, Whatsapp is the guilty one! Just looked into my battery-usage and Whatsapp uses 62,5% of the phones battery on the background. I switched that off and now my battery life is like before like wp8.1. I can use it now for almost a full day with normal usage.
L925 with build 10149

jlanc64

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It's not just WhatsApp because I don't even have that installed.
But I tested it again today and leaving something open in the back ground (for me it was the Music app) drains the battery fast.

Fix for now is to close all background apps.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Music app destroys battery life, make sure you turn it off in the background...
​It was using 40% of battery power for me.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My bet is just wait a week. My 1020's battery life has significantly increased since I installed last week - from 25% an hour to 5% an hour today. It's almost back to being on-par with 8.1 again

it did not magically get fixed. you most probably did something that fixed it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay.. i got this fix actually since the first time installing

disable all of your background apps, except something u use such as WhatsApp/BBM/Line or path etc...
turn of autoupdate of new Store (beta), go to store -> settings ->turn off auto update..

this could work, but the it seems that whenever i try to disable background app from the battery saver nothing happens.

Filip Cerne

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
It's only me or the new interface for the battery does now show, the screen usage in %, but it doesn't write the on-screen time, and the time from last charging has dissapeared. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6