L920 Camera/Alarms Problem

Kenneth Huynh

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so here's my dilemma:
Initially, my camera stopped working altogether when I updated to Lumia Denim. As a last ditch attempt to see if the problem would resolve, I tried updating my phone to the Windows 10 Tech Preview. Surprisingly, the camera sprang back to life after my phone was updated to GDR2, and continued to work after I finished updating to Windows 10 (I wanted to try it out anyway).

Unfortunately, one of the problems that actually affected me was that when I was to create/edit an alarm, I wouldn't be able to select a sound "from my own music". Clicking on it would enter a screen entitled "Choose an App", where the only options were "Recent" and "This Device"; both leading to the new File Explorer. As soon as it opens, I'd be able to navigate through maybe two folders before it crashes, leaving it impossible to select anything from my own music.

I then proceeded to try a hard reset and reset back to factory conditions for Windows 10. Now the alarms had an additional option under "Choose an App", the option to select from OneDrive. This was an acceptable workaround for me. However, in doing the hard reset, something must have changed as now the camera didn't work anymore.

I then decided to restore to 8.1, factory conditions so not from a backup and reinstalled up to denim. Camera still didn't work. Updated to GDR2 and it sprang back to life again. Updated again to Windows 10 and it still worked, just like the first time. However, again the Alarms was being a nuisance and didn't show the option to select from OneDrive, and File Explorer continued to crash when trying to select a song.

Not sure where to go from here; it isn't that big of a deal - I can live with the small list of available alarms - but just one of those nuisances that I think there might be a solution to that I'm missing. Ideally, I'd like to stay with W10 and would prefer not to have to restore to 8.1

Thanks,
Kenneth H

[in case you missed it, I'm using a Lumia 920, running 10.0.12534.56]

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 920 too. Basic camera does not work yet, but Lumia Camera, ProShot and many others are fine. I don't know about your alarm problem because I don't go as deep into the custom parts of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes