A new people app

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Will the new people will have the lost ability to "really" integrate social networks and to be more.like the wp8 app then the wp8.1 one? What do you think can be improve in the app?

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The one good thing that I can say about the People app in build 100051 is that there's INFINITE room for improvement, in every single direction. So there's that.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Because each service provide its own ways to interact with content, a integrated app can't provide specific interactions for each service.
Aggregating services in one app produce too much information that is hard to navigate.
People use different services in different context, removing the context change the intended message.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
why? "one tile to rule them all" is the best for me can see everything in one place instead of jumping between services

I couldn't disagree more. I think it terms of a person, not an application.

It was one of the biggest selling points to me in the initial release. You could pin a person and then have single place to see facebook/linkedin updates, photos, initiate communication, communication history, etc. And get it all wrapped up in a single live tile notification for that individual. That's not to say full functionality for the services should be there.

I'd get an iPhone if I wanted all that in separate apps.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
You could pin a person and then have single place to see facebook/linkedin updates, photos, initiate communication, communication history, etc. And get it all wrapped up in a single live tile notification for that individual. That's not to say full functionality for the services should be there.

That breaks the tacit rules of online social interaction. People use many services because they want to be somewhat different in each of them. For example, a girl talks and share through different services with her parents, boyfriend(s), friends and bff. Her behavior, vocabulary, and interests are different.

Having all the content of a person one live tile is more like stalking.

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If my children, girlfriend, ex-wife, ex-girlfriend, boss, etc. choose to skype, text, IM, email or call me I want the notification and history on their live tile. I don't care how they contacted me, just that they contacted me.

If people post to FB with their privacy settings opened up or actively communicate with me I don't think it's quite stalking if it shows up on the people app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon