Drivers missing for Windows 10 on Macbook Pro Retina

Broderjimmy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
A few nights ago I tried to install the latest technical preview after I stopped using it a couple of months ago. However it seems to have been some trouble with the drivers since I now can not use Wifi/wireless services. I remember that during the setup I got some error message bu can't remember now what it said.

Prevously when I've faced this problem I've been able to download drivers from Apple since I'm using bootcamp. But now these seems to have been deleted.

Any solutions for me to start use Windows 10 again?

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
right click on the start button and select device manager. If the device was detected atleast as a network device it should show up in there with a yellow exclamation point. If not it will be listed under other devices as unknown device. right click on the device and select properties, go to the details tab, and go to the hardware Ids flag under property. Tell me what the top Value is.

Broderjimmy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
right click on the start button and select device manager. If the device was detected atleast as a network device it should show up in there with a yellow exclamation point. If not it will be listed under other devices as unknown device. right click on the device and select properties, go to the details tab, and go to the hardware Ids flag under property. Tell me what the top Value is.
Thanks for the answer! It seems like I'm missing a whole driver package, I can't right click properly and the hotkeys for screen brightness are not working for example. But maybe I can fix this via a update as soon as I manage to connect to the internet?

I did as you wrote and my top value is: PC\Ven_14E&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_0112106B&REV_03

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Comes up as a Broadcom 802.11ac card. You should be able to force the driver install from within windows.

Pull up device manager, right click update driver software on the device and select browse my computer for driver software.
On the bottom of the next screen select let me pick from a list.. select network adapters then Broadcom on the left and then Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter. You may need to force the driver install since it is not detecting the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster