Hard reset fixed nothing :(

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading people are saying that a hard reset fixed their WP 10 install and made it nice and stable. Sadly, it fixed nothing for me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well considering it never was supposed to be 100% stable and nice and everything. I think it comes down to luck and all. If you value stability, better roll back and come back another day.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't value stability all that much. I'm way to curious. Just had my hopes up with everyone saying a hard reset has made it stable.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you hard reset and restore your backup? Those of us suggesting hard resets are not using the backup, because it appeared to be causing conflicts and leaving us in neither one place nor the other (a backup which was made under 8.1, after all). We chose to set it up fresh, and then had to reinstall all apps and recreate our settings, and now we have a WP10 backup for future use.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I keep reading people are saying that a hard reset fixed their WP 10 install and made it nice and stable. Sadly, it fixed nothing for me.

If you are using L920, I don't think it will fix anything, though I didn't do a hard reset as I didn't want to lose any data.

The latest build 10052 fixed "nothing" in my L920. Flight mode screwed up, so no SIM detection, Phone app doesn't work, Messaging app doesn't work, apps like whatsapp doesn't work

It is same as before. Nothing works!

It is better to wait until the official W10 for phone rolls out, if you don't want to lose any data!

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
If you are using L920, I don't think it will fix anything, though I didn't do a hard reset as I didn't want to lose any data.

The latest build 10052 fixed "nothing" in my L920. Flight mode screwed up, so no SIM detection, Phone app doesn't work, Messaging app doesn't work, apps like whatsapp doesn't work

It is same as before. Nothing works!

It is better to wait until the official W10 for phone rolls out, if you don't want to lose any data!

Everything works great on my 920 bar a few apps from app store, I did a hard reset on last build though.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

The latest build 10052 fixed "nothing" in my L920.

Mine's a L920 too, and it did work for me. It's strange - I wonder what small thing is making the difference here between phones of the same model?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
at this point, they mean *less unstable

Lol, yes.

I'm getting used to things and developing workarounds. Biggest problem now for me is the keyboard fussiness and rebooting when trying to open a MMS picture. At least the picture will open after rebooting. It's also the fastest way to make the phone restart. :)

DOCDIBBLE

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Upgrade from a clean/reset device and then do a reset still after upgrading. I found that seemed to do well for me on the Lumia 925. Still have some issues with notifications for some apps and also with voice notes in WhatsApp. Worst thing is poor Battery life.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Worst thing is poor Battery life.

I'm getting a mixed experience from that. Sometimes the battery seems to go quickly, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to figure out what circumstances cause it to drain hardest. There's a strange flipside to this, where watching a 1-hour 720p video file is barely taxing the battery at all, whereas in the past that would be guaranteed to take a decent chunk of power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss