Where is the Email+Accounts option in Windows 10 Technical Preview?

Pramit Mazumdar

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Where is the Email+Accounts option in Windows 10 Technical Preview

I was using Windows 8.1 Lumia Denim from Nokia 730 since last 4 Months. Win 8.1 had an option, Settings-> Email+Accounts. From this I configured Gmail, and hence I was getting notifications for any google mails. Even I could add my GMail Calender to the outlook calender as well. Thus mail and calender notifications for my Google account was coming regularly. But, after opted for this Win 10 Technical Preview, I am unable to get the option from where to configure Gmail account. I badly need the Google Mail and Calender notifications.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Where is the Email+Accounts option in Windows 10 Technical Preview

I think its a known issue that the mail and calender notifications are not working properly with the Win 10 TP

Pramit Mazumdar

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. Notification may not be working correctly. But, is there any option to congifure my Google Account with my Nokia 730 having Win 10 TP. I have no problem if the notifications are not coming, probably Microsoft will fix it in coming updates. However, if there is no option to configure a Google Account then I think it's a serious issue.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Go into the settings of the Outlook application and add the account there.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

You need to go to Outlook >Settings >Add account
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150422_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150422_0003.png
    35 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20150422_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150422_0002.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 5

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

The part Email + Accounts does not exist anymore in Windows 10 because you don't configure the mail accounts like that anymore. As hotphil is saying Email accounts are now managed through the Outlook app. Like in Outlook on the desktop office.

Pramit Mazumdar

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

So here comes the Idea of Single OS for Desktop, Tablet and Phones .. Awesome.. Loving it.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Exactly - thats the point and thats why I like the direction of W10TP for both desktop and phone. The best example is the settings app. Make the width of the settings app in Window 10 TP as small as possible and you get the exact same UI as you have an phone.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

If all the email settings and ability to add email accounts are only done via the Outlook app, why give you the option to uninstall it with absolutely no way to get it back? I deleted Outlook because it wasn't working properly thinking a re-install might fix my issues. Now I'm stuck with no way to add emails at all.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Just like everything else they thought - how to manage things not in one place but in hundred of different places and they removed it from the settings into each app separately. You can find it for example in People app and Outlook mail app I settings. If you use the people legacy app you can still reach it in those settings though!

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

I hate to say this again and again but this is a PREVIEW and that you cannot install it again is a BUG.....because its a PREVIEW...

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this again and again but this is a PREVIEW and that you cannot install it again is a BUG.....because its a PREVIEW...

Not sure why you're getting defensive. I know it's a preview... with bugs. But the only way for them to fix it is to report it to them and bit$h about it. Which I've done.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Its totally fine that you report this bug and I am not getting defensive - whatever you want to say with that. But when you describe a bug as a thing that works like this by design like "This is crap because MS removed the ability to reinstall the app" it just has to be said that this is not the intended behavior.

Pramit Mazumdar

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Settings -> Personalization -> Background -> CHOOSE YOU PICTURE -> Browse
Initially in Win 8.1 Lumia Denim we had some Default Background images, which settled as a transparent wallpaper at Home Screen.
In WIN 10TP, we can set our own customized images as background.. transparent as well. But, unlike the previous version the default backgrounds are not yet given.
I really liked some default background images !!! :D

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Its totally fine that you report this bug and I am not getting defensive - whatever you want to say with that. But when you describe a bug as a thing that works like this by design like "This is crap because MS removed the ability to reinstall the app" it just has to be said that this is not the intended behavior.

Who are you quoting? I didn't say that. Or did you just create a quote to validate your defensive stance?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

If all the email settings and ability to add email accounts are only done via the Outlook app, why give you the option to uninstall it with absolutely no way to get it back? I deleted Outlook because it wasn't working properly thinking a re-install might fix my issues. Now I'm stuck with no way to add emails at all.

Outlook is an OS based app and if you delete OS based apps, you cannot install it back.

Like the previous mail app in Windows Phone, 8.1, the outlook also might not have option to delete the app in the future builds.

For now its a hard reset.

Wow. Just loving Windows Phone 10, I posted the whole of this post using voice dictation on Windows Phone 10.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Who are you quoting? I didn't say that. Or did you just create a quote to validate your defensive stance?

You said that in you post #10. Not with the same words but with that meaning. I will not discuss this any further with you.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Settings -> Personalization -> Background -> CHOOSE YOU PICTURE -> Browse
Initially in Win 8.1 Lumia Denim we had some Default Background images, which settled as a transparent wallpaper at Home Screen.
In WIN 10TP, we can set our own customized images as background.. transparent as well. But, unlike the previous version the default backgrounds are not yet given.
I really liked some default background images !!! :D

Alternatively, you can search for some default backgrounds on bing or google and download onto your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786