Outlook Mail in Windows Phone 10 TP

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using the TP for some days and been browsing the forums for feedback and bug reports but haven't found anything related to this.
I've updated my Lumia 620 to the 10052 preview and made a hard reset. I've configured my MS account hoping that the email and calendar apps would be automatizally configured (like in WP8). But what happens is that the calendar app gets configured and shows my MS calendars (no extra configuration required besides the MS account on initial configuration), but the email app requires me to add the same account in order to view my emails. If I check the accounts configured on the phone I now have to accounts: the first MSACCOUNT1 that I entered upon initial configuration (system wide settings and calendar) and a MSACCOUNT2 that shows my emails on the mail app. Please note that it's the same account, same credentials. I've tried deletiong the MSACCOUNT2 but that just removes access to my emails from the email app (calendar keeps working).
Is this a known bug or am I missing something?
Anyone else experiencing this?

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It's a complete bugfest. Same thing happened to me. I deleted the app thinking a re-install might fix the issue. Except, there's no way to download the Outlook app once it's deleted. Wished I knew that beforehand. Hope they sort it out soon.

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the reply. This is the first time I encounter someone with the same problem/bug.
AFAIK your problem of deleting the email app can be resolved with a hard reset, have you tried that?

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't. I mean, I know that a hard reset will get it back but honestly I don't feel like going thru all that. Lol. For now I'm just using IE to check my emails until they drop the Outlook app in the store to download.

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't get logged in to mail. I shouldn't have to use pop or imap with o365, but it wont recognize my account. Calendar works fine, didn't have to log in at all.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. Calendar shoes the the calendars I have although doesn't show any information. The mail app only shows add an account. If I try to add my account it fails because it's already on the phone

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just found the solution for my issue. Go to the legacy people app and you'll probably find email isn't set to sync. Enable and it'll add the account into outlook

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Anybody suddenly getting tile notifications for Outlook Mail? Mine is still reading zero on the icon-style indicator, and I don't get the mail title/first line or anything like that (except as the usual incoming notification panel strip) on the tile, but it's getting a small black circle with a number in the top right corner indicating new mails. Perhaps that was happening for the rest of you anyway, but my tile has been dead since day one until just now.

fetner

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Same thing for me! Still reading zero on the icon-style indicator, which is very annoying. Someone has gotten rid of that bug??

Dicky Walker

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue, I thought it was because I use the now depreciated "Microsoft Custom Domains". I too deleted the app to find out it can't be redownloaded. I hard reset my phone and it came back but still no joy configuring the client. Both Mail and Calendar apps close after about 15 seconds too and I can't do anything about it not even a hard reset fixes this. Using a Lumia 1020. The last build removed the old calendar app from the store as well. Wish the old apps were still available while they smooth out the new ones.

marcusferbrache

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a custom Outlook domain and also use 2FA. Mail started working for me after I added an alias to my Outlook account so that I got an outlook dot com address that uses the same mailbox, and also generated an app password (go to the Microsoft Account web site and select Security & Privacy then 'Manage Advanced Security' and scroll down to 'App Passwords') and entered that instead of my standard one.

I still haven't managed to get the People app working though. It worked once but then I added Facebook integration. I've since removed the Facebook app, and that seemed to have fixed it, but only once and now the app always immediately exits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss