Store (beta) crashing in build 10061

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 10061. Store beta launched fine at first. I logged into it with my microsoft account and now it crashes on startup everytime.

Any ideas what to do to fix it? Trying to run it so I can update the mail app. Running wsreset.exe from elevated command prompt doesnt work.

SLMalling

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I was not even able to open it once, it just plain crashes for me every time (maybe it was allready logged in?)
I have no proof, but i think it's some kind of regional bollocks again, cause i changed the region in the "Money" app (to danish), now that app crashes too :straight:

Zagharanof

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with updates in Store (beta), mostly the updates couldn't be completed and the Store (beta) itself just crashed as soon as I tried to update it. It really drove me crazy, because I wanted to update apps like the Xbox app to try out the new Game DVR feature.

After a lot of searching I found a thread on Reddit with a sollution that really worked for me:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Just run PowerShell as an admin, enter that line and let it run its course. Reboot afterwards just to be sure and see if it helped you.

SLMalling

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but it doesen't resolve it for me :-(
I've tried 3 different shell-commands that i found on the web and restarted before trying the app, none of them helped.

SLMalling

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Gave up and did a refresh... Good thing is that the store is working now, bad thing is that now the start menu doesn't work at all :( That and that it removed the steam folder :'( might be a good time to tell steam to put my games in another folder than the default

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss