Love build 10074!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As of now my start menu and search stuff is broken. (won't open) and IE is a lot more unstable.

Although it could be my hardware's quirks. Thankfully I have the important stuff pinned to my taskbar for now.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems better but had fair amount of issues at times going between tablet mode and desktop, start menu opening but closing but eventually working. In tablet mode and hitting the start menu would bring up cortana then apps that I had closed while in tablet mode all showed up in desktop mode. Only thing I've seen in Tablet Mode that works well is if you have the task bar in auto hide mode you can bring it up with an up swipe and down swipe to get rid of it again. Too bad there isn't a "Auto Hide Task Bar in Tablet Mode" option.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My tablet wont log in with this build. My desktop is working though.

Edit: Apparently it only wont log in with my PIN, using my actual password worked.

I had a simular problem but I found if I click the icon for the options at the login screen, I could select the PIN icon. Then it worked from then on. In Win 8.1, all you had to do was create one for use and it was at the log in screen. Here I had to choose it at the login screen. Might be an unfinished feature.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Seems better but had fair amount of issues at times going between tablet mode and desktop, start menu opening but closing but eventually working. In tablet mode and hitting the start menu would bring up cortana then apps that I had closed while in tablet mode all showed up in desktop mode. Only thing I've seen in Tablet Mode that works well is if you have the task bar in auto hide mode you can bring it up with an up swipe and down swipe to get rid of it again. Too bad there isn't a "Auto Hide Task Bar in Tablet Mode" option.

Tablet mode is where I found most issues but it's also where most changes have been. I like where it's going.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Was surprised to get Build 10074 successfully installed. I was on Build 9926 before this upgrade. Prior to this, those builds between 9926 and 10074 were annoying and frustrating failures during installation. Never thought I could upgrade to the latest build so neatly from 9926.
Now all my frequently used apps like OneNote, Excel, Calendar, MSN News, Money are working fine. Before, they can't even launched.
This 10074 Build is so much more stable and cool. However, the tiles in the Start Menu is very still very unstable and buggy in that they keep hanging while you are reorganizing the tile layout. Its as if Microsoft is deliberately trying to wean us, Metro fans, from the Modern UX to the pretty boring and monotonous Desktop UX. Overall, this Build is a great and substantial improvement from the previous builds.

RicoFrost

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Yep I am one of those people, every morning when i turn on my pc and login blue screen, reboot and its ok. Had lots of blue screen thought it was my raid so removed that, still get it. Now GTA 5 is not working, that could be just gta though lots of ppl have problems with that game.

Going to try another fresh install now.

Josh Potts

May 6, 2015
Visit site
My Start Bar and Search Bar are broken, i.e. they don't open, just crash for the entire duration that the pc is on. But not really bothered by it, will keep running the build, as everything else seems to be running smoothly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise