Why do I get the Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down

I am using the Windows Insider Program and have installed Windows 10 on my Nokia Lumia 625. This morning my phone had the following message on my screen: Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down.
I have tried soft resetting and hard resetting the phone but the Error message keeps re-appearing and not allowing me to perform either re-set.

Can anyone help?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down

Welcome to Windows Central.

There are two things you can try:
1. Try connecting your phone to your PC and launch the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Select the option that says that your phone won't start up. If your phone gets detected successfully, your PC will begin reinstalling the OS on your phone - this should resolve the issue.

2. If your phone was not successfully detected by your PC, then the only option is to take your phone to a service center and have them repair it. Note that as soon as you mention that you've tried installing the technical preview, any warranty your phone may have could be considered void.

This happened to my L1020 several months ago. PC didn't detect my phone. Took it to a service center. Got it back after 90 days.

You may need to create a Windows Central account in order to respond to this thread.

boulderdave

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Sadly, it's not worked. The PC managed to recognise my phone but the software couldn't install. Looks like I'll have to either send it to be repaired or get a new one. Thanks for the help though.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Check the warranty of your phone. In my case, they replaced the "main board" of my L1020 for free, but I had to wait (as mentioned). If your phone is still under warranty, they should also repair your phone without fees.

Nischal Prajapati

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
the real story that worked for 1020, you need another lumia for this process though, on other lumia (working) try to restore as normally with recovery tool, then after downloading of firmware of working lumia, just after tools says "preparing to flash" which means its going to flash mode disconnect the healthy(working lumia) and plug in the lumia that shows "unable to find a bootable option. press any key to shut down " screen. then it should boot to flash mode and flash the firmware files. It worked on my 1020 i was worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nischal Prajapati

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
lol you don't have to replace the whole motherboard, in some rare or worst case if my suggestion didn't worked you gotta try this SUCCESS Lumia 520 WPLock EMMC Error "Unable to Find a Bootable option" - GSM-Forum , the error is caused due to what is called emmc memory(embedded memory) on ur hardware, I repeat its the worst case only and can be 100% fixed using jtag(search for it). But if ur phone is bricked suddenly or due to some making mess in system files or wp internals thing then my solution will work for sure. Yeah, you may find it difficult or may not be succeeded but its worth trying than sitting as it is or looking for other's folk NONSENSE suggestion like take to service center replace motherboard, buy another device, etc. I repeated there is NO need to REPLACE MOTHERBOARD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism