Edge/Spartan gesture navigation

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I may have missed this but will (or does it currently) Edge/Project Spartan support gesture browsing? It seems they won't make a metro app, but I find the gesture navigations (swipe to go backwards/forwards) very useful on my surface pro.
I am currently testing W10 insider preview on a non-touch laptop so I can't verify if it is currently available. If any of you read anywhere about plans to support this, thanks for confirming it.
Thanks!

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Edge is a WinRT app, it's replacing Internet Explorer Desktop & Modern versions. As it stands now, it does not have gesture based page navigation. I like the feature, but honestly I won't miss it if it's only as good as the Windows 8 version. Nothing more annoying than pages sitting there spinning in a circle while I tries to reload the page.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope that they will return that feature but it feels like it won't make into RTM. In my Windows 8.1 laptop though it lacks proper trackpad gesture though so I tend to use arrow buttons instead. As TheCudder said, Microsoft Edge is a WinRT app (Windows App as MS tries to call it and Metro app if you will). So this is updatable on Windows Store which is good. There are alot of features waiting for Edge like extensions support.

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
thanks for both your answers.
I am aware edge is a winRT app and that features will be missing at launch. I think it will be less confusing to have a single version of the browser (although I enjoy modern IE with touch and find myself trying to "go back" in the desktop version with a swipe gesture); but I hope the gesture support is planned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb