Call recorder for windows 10 for phone?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Just asking the developers out there, I know its quite early to ask as of now, still , will it be possible for any developer to create a call recording app in windows 10 for phone? As we know the restrictions in windows phone 8 doesn't allow such an app to work...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not only the restrictions in the OS (which basically not change between wp 8.1 an 10) but it is also illegal to record calls so don't count on it.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not only the restrictions in the OS (which basically not change between wp 8.1 an 10) but it is also illegal to record calls so don't count on it.

I think WP is the only platform which can't do call recording, and therefore the only platform which cares for such a stupid law against it (if there even is one)

Md Rafiqul Islam

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why you guys are giving the excuse of law. wp has a market share of 2 os 3% only. these people are unable to record call but 78% android users can do it if they like.where is the law then?you better emphasis on the freedom of buyers who pay you money. you say it is an obeyance of law but actually it is a lacking of wp. you should keep the option of recording the call no matter how users use it.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Why is recording a phone call so important? I've never thought about doing that. I'm just curious of a scenario that I might need to record a call.

On a similar note, I did recently find out that the laws on recording phone calls in the US vary from state to state. Apparently, some states don't allow it, some states allow it as long as both parties agree, and some allow it even if only one party knows about the recording.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a phone for 12+ years. And I've never needed to record a call. I don't make that much calls, on the other hand - but still. Like come on?
I'm not sayin' you don't need it because I don't need it, I'm sayin' it's just another gimmicky feature that 1-2% of users would use and that's it.
Also, it's commin' to WP, so calm your titties.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, there are plenty of nightmare Comcast call recordings that helped customers in what would otherwise be a "he said she said" battle.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, there are plenty of nightmare Comcast call recordings that helped customers in what would otherwise be a "he said she said" battle.

Totally get it now. Good example.
For some reason, all I could think about were stalker-like scenarios. ha ha ha

Last edited:

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Call recording not available in the redstone release either... So is the USB OTG support.. Will the old phones get these functions ever?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So... older phones upgraded from WP 8.1 to W10M do not have call recording, but existing ones (aka 650, 950, etc.) do have the feature?

Is this a hardware issue that has to be included in the specs somehow? Or can we get a fix for older phones? Would be nice to have a final, definitive answer.

FYI: My 640 LTE on Redstone 14925.1000 does not have the feature.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So... older phones upgraded from WP 8.1 to W10M do not have call recording, but existing ones (aka 650, 950, etc.) do have the feature?

Is this a hardware issue that has to be included in the specs somehow? Or can we get a fix for older phones? Would be nice to have a final, definitive answer.

FYI: My 640 LTE on Redstone 14925.1000 does not have the feature.

Ok, I didn't know that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers