Was it same in other OSs too

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
When we switch between Apps(already opened), app trying to reload again instead of showing the app where it was used last time. was it same on other OSs(Android/IOS) too ?

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have used android and BlackBerry 10 devices. My answer is NO. They don't be like "resuming" or "reloading". They start from where they we left it right away.

When we switch between Apps(already opened), app trying to reload again instead of showing the app where it was used last time. was it same on other OSs(Android/IOS) too ?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Well in android if your using a phone that doesn't exactly have the best processor then usually you encounter lag, and stutter, not just in task switching but also in any other task, but most likely not until the device has somewhat aged....Android DOES NOT age well in alot of cases

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
IOS does do the "resuming" of apps, but it takes a screenshot of the app's current location before you switch between apps. Sometimes, it has to fully restart the app (map apps for example).

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I think the best in resuming apps is iOS, sometimes I leave an app open for a day and it still resumes to where it was. Windows Phone is the worst in resuming apps, sometimes I leave the app for just a few seconds, and one of these three things happen: App gets buggy, it takes ages to load, or it gets restarted. So I really think Microsoft should consider doing something about this.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
So, this part should improve alot in win10. It is almost nil if we want to say compare to android :(

Is this related to multitasking(our people usally say should improve multitasking in our discussions :))

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I rarely have a resuming screen on anything on my 930, with the exception of one or two games.

Upgrade.

You don't think low end androids don't have loading issues? I have a low end android tablet and it reloads often between switching from one thing to the next.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I rarely have a resuming screen on anything on my 930, with the exception of one or two games.

Upgrade.

You don't think low end androids don't have loading issues? I have a low end android tablet and it reloads often between switching from one thing to the next.

Your words are like" get a high end WP to not have loading and resuming screens"

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
One part of it may be on Windows 10 fast track phones: Memory Management isn't quite working as well as it could (described in known issues in this build).

My phone gave me VERY long resuming screens after I downloaded W10, but after I did a hard reset after installing W10 it didn't do that as often, and resumed more realistically.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I will heavily use twitter, whatsapp n nearbylive(recently). I'm seeing resuming message even with out changing the app like I press n hold back button n selected the same app(where Im before back n hold). I'm using L520. Very very annoying :(

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Your words are like" get a high end WP to not have loading and resuming screens"

Pretty much.

Better and faster hardware means better and faster performance.

Though do keep in mind that the W10 preview for phones is not yet optimized so every device is going to see more loading screens than on 8.1 Denim, including the 930 & 1520.

Windows 10 on PC's was zippy as anything during the Enterprise phase and then when the mass build release came, everything slowed down a lot and was borderline unusable.... After a few more builds it was much quicker.

W10 for phones is only a couple of builds in at the moment and from what I gather, this next build will no doubt improve the performance by a good amount.

But again, using a low end device with little RAM and CPU power will indeed make you experience more frequent loading screens, especially when you have more and more things running at once.... Those poor little creatures are not meant to run as smooth as the high ends but just meant to function.

If they were meant to run as well as high ends then most wouldn't bother spending the extra money on a high end.

Sacrifices will be made.

syspry

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree. Apple and MS need to stop being so obstinate about stubbornly clinging to this stingy notion of manufacturing devices with the most minimal RAM they can get away with. It's not cutting it anymore, this isn't 2012-2013 we're almost halfway to 2016.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much.

Though do keep in mind that the W10 preview for phones is not yet optimized so every device is going to see more loading screens than on 8.1 Denim, including the 930 & 1520.

Windows 10 on PC's was zippy as anything during the Enterprise phase and then when the mass build release came, everything slowed down a lot and was borderline unusable.... After a few more builds it was much quicker.

W10 for phones is only a couple of builds in at the moment and from what I gather, this next build will no doubt improve the performance by a good amount.

But again, using a low end device with little RAM and CPU power will indeed make you experience more frequent loading screens, especially when you have more and more things running at once.... Those poor little creatures are not meant to run as smooth as the high ends but just meant to function.

If they were meant to run as well as high ends then most wouldn't bother spending the extra money on a high end.

Sacrifices will be made.

So low ends are meant to run not more than one app at a time?sorry if it goes for wp but android current low ends we can multitask with 4+apps and viola no loading screens.

I said based on my experiences with my Lumia 520 and my father's android tablet(used office,Photoshop touch,browser,inkscape and no lag)

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
They have learn from BlackBerry.. Low end phones have 4 active screens while high end has eight.. In Wp all the phones are same.. I used win10 and the app resumes from where it was left.. Hopefully it gets better..

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much.

Sacrifices will be made.

Many Lumias r running with same snapdragon 400 with 1gb r 512MB ram. Im not talking with win10 TP(its alpha version. Cant expect more from it). Even with 1 or 2 apps in BG, frequently facing loading or resuming screens. Thats the point im talking

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
They have learn from BlackBerry.. Low end phones have 4 active screens while high end has eight.. In Wp all the phones are same.. I used win10 and the app resumes from where it was left.. Hopefully it gets better..

Need to implement this type of funtionality(vista basic OS has this type of limitation )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon