Win 10 Tech Preview Notification!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll rather hear from people who have installed it and testet it rather than listening to you writing the same crap in every thread.

Your probably right, but still...you really don't know.

The problem with that though is that for some it'll be fine, the next guy an utter disaster.
(see: the guy enjoying the 10 Tech Preview upgrade on his Surface Pro 3 and the other SP3 guy picking up the pieces of his Windows install and files with Ubuntu.)

But hey, true, I don't know for sure if its good or not, but I'm just erring on the side of relative safety because there's been some people who jump in ill-informed.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Uh Oh. Step 21 of 23 @ 35% - Migration..... been like this for 15-20 minutes. Starting to feel worried.

Update: Figured I'd post about this concern and it would get out of it. And it did. But holy cow is my screen HUGE! So I thought it was like the 928 on Verizon where you could go into display settings and resize your screen but NOPE. Not an option.

Doing a factory reset and see what happens.

Last edited:

janbures12

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got it just a while ago and after I updated and did a hard reset, I'm still very disappointed. It's the worst build so far. Start screen takes ages to load each time after pressing the home button, Store beta won't install any apps, many settings are rendered useless, the new background options are bugged...
I really don't know why they decided to release a build that just makes everything worse, the only things I thought I'd at least enjoy are Office and Music/Video preview apps, but since the Store beta doesn't install anything, it's useless anyway

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
**** Warning ****
Icon owners Stay away from this. Phone is Slow, Screen resolution is Jacked. I cannot get a background image to go full screen. It only wants to cover the left and middle columns. The third stays black. Over all its very sluggish and I even did a system reset.

Downloading the recovery tool now. Im staying away from Win 10 on my phone for as long as I can hold out to do so.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it about an hour ago. Busy at work so I haven't messed with it much yet. Other than my start screen is outta order or missing some tiles. I'll chime in after 5pm.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be working on my L635. Although, I too am at work, so I haven't messed with it much... At least not much beyond setting tile transparency and queuing up some music. There are still 4 apps that won't let me update, but 2 other apps did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb