Win10 on L930: Stuck on loading startscreen

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So it was just done installing but i have a major issue: my startscreen won't load.
I can use the notifications dropdown and hold back to show (empty) taskmanager but thats it.

I had an issue while installing that it wouldn't reboot (it powered off but didn't turn back on again) and now i have this issue.

More people with this issue? And does hard-reset help?

Philip Clemow

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I have it too ... no real idea how to fix ... suspect I shall be rolling back immediately ...

Also, having not used Win 10 TP yet, is it normal for a mouse cursor to appear when pressing the hardware keys? because thats what happens.

Matthias Verboven

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine works! :) After migrating I unlocked the phone and got the loading screen like three times, now on homescreen.

I hope to all whos phone doesn't work you'll find a way to fix it.

OwlPower

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue on a 1520 from AT&T. There is no start screen at all and I can't swipe over to the apps. The phone is unusable in this state. I tried both hard and soft resets but I still get the same result.

Just "Loading..." when I go to the start screen.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wait a long time. Mine came after a few minutes...

A few minutes? Or a long time? They are different. Mines at loading for 10minutes and counting.

Worked it out. Mine appears to be downloading apps. Managed to get out of the loading screen using task manager and lot's of apps 'pending'...

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
​Just let it go for quite some time and my startscreen is back. No hard reset required! Just let it load for many minutes and your golden. I guess it took about 20 minutes?

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
A few minutes? Or a long time? They are different. Mines at loading for 10minutes and counting.

I was checking out the settings and restarted one time and checking out the settings again. After a while (a minute or 4/5) the start screen came up. Then I changed the start screen to show more tiles and I got the 'Loading...' back, but now it took only a minute or so.

Now the start screen is always instant available...

Edit:

Someone else reported 20 minutes of 'Loading...' before the start screen showed up...

Last edited:

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah after reboot it still takes a while. Now i think i'm going to do a clean-install. As migration just went borked. I doubt it will be fine when i restore another backup

Daniel Gabriel

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 625 and I experience the same problem. After installing Win10 the start screen won't load. All I can see is a white screen with battery logo and the signal status. I tried to call myself and it worked as well as the sound drop out menu.
I will try a hard reset and post the result as soon as I am done. :crying:

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
In my case endless restart. Just start hard reset.
Now is question, restoring backup or again try installing WP 10 TP, what would be better?

Edit:
Funny after hard reset, I needed to accept Windows 8.1 agreement but there is Windows 10 TP installed.

Strange.

Last edited:

Piedro92

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It would seem to be an issue with the phone wanting to install all apps before the start menu shows. Check out Gabriel's tweets to other users to see the related tweets. (No confirmation, but most users found this to be true)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss