Recover apps on SD Card after hard reset

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This cannot be done. Few part of the app stay in the phone memory so that the app is not used by any other device! Hard reset removes those files which makes it equal to a new device. If they make a feature like this then WP would not be so secure at all. I mean, these files have codes which tell that you downloaded this app from the windows phone store. If this restriction was not there then people would have been downloading apps from other sources and put them SD card to make it read!
So this feature cannot be done

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree. It could easily be handled in several ways. For instance, a hardware ID and an app instance ID could be saved to their account or embedded in the file at installation time. The hardware ID would be the same regardless of the OS version so it ensures that it only works on that one device.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree. It could easily be handled in several ways. For instance, a hardware ID and an app instance ID could be saved to their account or embedded in the file at installation time. The hardware ID would be the same regardless of the OS version so it ensures that it only works on that one device.

Microsoft account ID would be better, as it could, in theory, allow apps on a SD card to work in multiple phones, as long as the same user is logged in... Would be nice for when you buy a new phone... Could just move the SD card over and have all your games/apps ready to go.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft account ID would be better, as it could, in theory, allow apps on a SIM card to work in multiple phones, as long as the same user is logged in... Would be nice for when you buy a new phone... Could just move the SIM over and have all your games/apps ready to go.

I presume you mean SD card and not SIM.

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

These can be manually read or added if its on a SD card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett