WIndows 10 is now avaiable for the ICON, What issues do you have ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just today, the Windows 10 for phones preview was updated and the ICON is on the list to get it.

If you don't have it and are in the Preview Program, just check for updates, it showed it for me on my ICON.

SO, after you install it, what do you think and what issues are you seeing with it ?

janbures12

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
On my 1520 it installed just fine, but it's the worst build so far for me. Store beta doesn't work so no Office, Xbox or Music/Video Preview apps. After pressing the home button it takes ages to load the Start screen, and the new background features are bugged

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, not sounding good so far, Anyone else have something possibly good to report ?

Like to play if it's semi stable, if I have to reboot my phone once or so a day, not a big deal to play with the new software but, I really don't want to rebuild right now and lose app settings, AGAIN.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been at the first "tick" of the gears screen for what seems like quite a while now (10-15)...gonna wait it out and see what happens...and honestly as I was typing this it bumped to 50% will report back when its done.

lakleeman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen my Start screen yet .... for the past 30 minutes a white screen just shows "Loading..."
I can pull down and access settings, but no access to programs.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Uh, I probably should have read this thread before starting the install on my Icon which is also my daily driver and my only form of communication with my girlfriend who I am about to leave to commute across town to...

PhalanxPunx

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Whoa! The icons are way too big! So far everything is working pretty well, but man, that start screen. It looks like it's in very low resolution... Not sure how long I'll keep this if I can't change those tile size options to something more reasonable.

Matt Folker

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have not seen my Start screen yet .... for the past 30 minutes a white screen just shows "Loading..."
This is me. The start screen just doesn't work. I can hold down the search button and Cortana comes up. The phone goes to sleep, and incoming calls works. Also, my Exchange email lost its name and is using a bunch of letters and numbers.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

It was mentioned on the front page post that if you get to this point on the icon, access settings from the pull down and do a hard reset and everything should be working after that.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So I am experiencing the same freaking HUGE icons as everyone else, noticed that a few apps are not installing from the Beta Store such as: IE, Windows Insider, a dark grey unlabeled one, One Drive, and Translator. I had a cool Tile Art background and layout before so I am going to see if it works and play with the tile layout a bit. Overall a little on the slow side but not too painfully slow so far...Also I didn't have to enable cellular data as was reported by a few.

And the testing rolls on...just the fact that the Icon is included in this round is a relief!

A.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
attempting the hard reset myself right now. Once windows 10 finished installing and the lock screen came up the digitizer was unresponsive. possibly the driver did not install correctly. Weirdly just as I was starting to attempt the hard reset I received a notification stating "Welcome to Lumia Cyan"

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I got a fun new bug...I removed all of the start screen tiles in order to re-add the ones that I wanted with tile art and now no start screen! My start screen is the app list. Trying a few things before a reset.

A.

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I just did a hard-reset and after installing my apps again, it has already broken the start-screen again. So hard-resetting is not a permanent solution i'm afraid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss