Where are my mms apn settings?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
sorry if i missed the answer to this...downloaded w10 tp without issue. apps work. calls work. internet works. however, i can't seem to find where to add my mms apn settings. using an unlocked 930 on straight talk at&t sim. on my w8.1 the mms settings were the same place as the internet apn(cellular/sim). any suggestions? will have to roll back to 8.1 if this is broken.i know what the settings are but there is no area to put them in.

Last edited:

Richard Landgren

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has yet to acknowledge that unlocked handsets exist with the Insiders program - I have an unlocked AT&T Lumia 1520, which I use on my regional GSM carrier, Viaero, and thus far, in each new build, my APN settings only include the internet settings, not the MMS settings, forcing me to roll back to 8.1 each time a new build drops.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has yet to acknowledge that unlocked handsets exist with the Insiders program - I have an unlocked AT&T Lumia 1520, which I use on my regional GSM carrier, Viaero, and thus far, in each new build, my APN settings only include the internet settings, not the MMS settings, forcing me to roll back to 8.1 each time a new build drops.

thanks for the reply. on 8.1 i have a toggle for enabling manual apn settings and an area to add/edit both data and mms apns. doesn't exist in the W10TP. as far as i can see, there is only a place for data apn. it's a shame because that is literally the only thing stopping me from using the 10 tech preview at this point. if you come across any fix, let me know. thanks again!

Amanda Jonson

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
This is disappointing. Build 10052 worked fine (on my unlocked 920) with mms and data, but after having to hard reset my phone, neither didn't. :/

I figure this is because of the hard reset messing with my apn settings from before, so I'm going to roll back to 8.1 because not being able to use the data that I'm paying for is unacceptable.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This is disappointing. Build 10052 worked fine (on my unlocked 920) with mms and data, but after having to hard reset my phone, neither didn't. :/

I figure this is because of the hard reset messing with my apn settings from before, so I'm going to roll back to 8.1 because not being able to use the data that I'm paying for is unacceptable.
it sucks. i don't think it has anything to do with hard reset. the ability to enable manual mms apn just doesn't exist in this build.

Amanda Jonson

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
it sucks. i don't think it has anything to do with hard reset. the ability to enable manual mms apn just doesn't exist in this build.

And it makes sense too. I'm sure the majority of people testing Win10 TP aren't using it on their primary device. That and unlocked phones probably are being overlooked at this point. Ah well.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
And it makes sense too. I'm sure the majority of people testing Win10 TP aren't using it on their primary device. That and unlocked phones probably are being overlooked at this point. Ah well.
Left feedback. Hopefully Microsoft will realize there are some people who use their WP carrier free,unlocked and off contract.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I guess it is part of the development Microsoft is doing in order to skip carrier instances for update rollouts. MMS settings can be provided by the carrier and automatically be applied to the OS. I bet it didn't work yet properly so they are still in development of this feature and deactivated it. My EE Devices for example needed manually adjustement of the MMS settings even though my Carrier send the MMS App Settings as well as the Sim Applications

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes