No Start screen and can't access app list after 10080 on Lumia 920

ericr42

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen works, settings work, notifications work (even opens the correct app). Unfortunately, I have no Start screen at all and swiping left doesn't reveal the app list. If I go into an app via notifications or settings and then back out to what should be the Start screen it says "Loading..." but never loads.

I've rebooted and done a soft reset with no change. I suppose a hard reset is next and, assuming that fails a recovery. So disappointing.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad its on my play device. This is probably useless Preview ever release. Do not install preview on your primary....

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I kept it loading over night hoping some background processing or drive encryption would be causing this(drive encryption was set to default) maybe in combination with the new feature of "hard reset lock for MS account" but it still just set on loading. Soft reset once or twice.
Looked through all settings. Battery Saver said that Settings is taking 100% of the battery(well its the only thing I could use)
Alarm worked, incoming calls worked. Cortana worked with strange letters though and project Spartan kind of worked as well.
After the hard reset it cant get passed my exchange and office365 account password recoveries. had to restart from there as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel